what are you doing for thanksgiving?

Options
Are you traveling? Staying home? Making a meal? Going out?

We are having a big dinner at my home for my 2 daughters and thier families plus my mother in law.

We have a huge and varied menu (one daughter is vegetarian, one is cutting down on dairy).
I am going to try to eat moderately---but I will not stress about it. I will try to get in some extra exercise though for sure~

Replies

• GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My parents are hosting Thanksgiving this year since we'll be moving out of state next year (we haven't done Thanksgiving much since my Grandma died) so we're going there (10 minutes away) for that.
    My plans are...
    Exercise in the morning when I get up. It will not happen afterward.
    Eat big, but low calorie breakfast and lunch.
    Take a smaller plate.
    Ham and veggies only for my first serving on my small plate.
    Enjoy myself after that. Nothing is off limits, potato salad, mashed potatoes and gravy, polish noodles, pumpkin pie.... I just want to enjoy my last Thanksgiving with my family before we move hundreds or thousands of miles away.
    Really, I could gain 10 pounds that day and I won't care. I can always lose it again. :)
  • penguinjlynn
    penguinjlynn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well as usual I work on Thanksgiving, but my mom will cook and things will be ready for lunch. Luckily they live only minutes away from my work so I will get to celebrate and then head to work. I am off Saturday so I will cook a small turkey breast with some veggies for my husband and I. I will have to rely on pure will power on Thanksgiving. My mom makes what she makes. I will try to go heavy on turkey and veggies with a small portion of carbs. I will use a smaller plate than everyone else to help me control portions easier.
  • roundtherink
    Options
    I live in an area where most of us are transplants from somewhere else, so lots of us can't 'go home' for Thanksgiving. One of my walking groups has a Thanksgiving lunch planned at a restaurant nearby. Its a fixed price that includes soup or salad, turkey with all the fixings, and dessert. I plan to just eat what I want. After lunch we will do a nice walk around the lake to walk off the food. I am just going to get a lot of exercise in this week, then enjoy!