Change happens, even when we think it isnt.

Options
Raynn1
Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
I started EMTWL back in April, having come from a VLCD with WW.(never ate back Flex or activity points). I began eating more, and starting with weights soon after and currently I have been strength training for about 7-8 months now. I started around April/May with NROL4W, and switched from high cardio based activites to more time with weights. When I began NROL, I was just starting to increase cals, and eventually did a 8 week reset, and subsequent cut. I had gained about 4-6 pounds on reset, and some inches overall. Nothing horribly drastic, but enough that I felt horrible about it. It bothered me even more that during the entire NROL program of 6 months, I was basically no better than I was when I began, scale and tape measure wise. I was definitely stronger, and healthier, but no recordable changes..

I work out at the gym, by myself and usually when I am there, there are usually the same personal trainers working their clients at the same time. We all keep to ourselves, have no issues, and sometimes I like to just watch what they are doing to their clients, get ideas and such.. Most of the time when I am working out, there is one PT who I see almost every time...

Well this morning as I was dropping my kid off in child minding, she stopped me. She said that she has been wanting to stop me for a while, but I am always so "involved" in my workout, she never wanted to disturb me.. Anyways, she told me that I am looking amazing. Said that she can really see a difference in what I have been doing over the past few months and can totally see the changes happening to my shape, especially my waist area. All my hard work is, in fact, paying off, and she just had to tell me.

I tell you, I have had some friends tell me they can see changes happening, but like most women, we tend to believe our friends and family are just "saying things"... Heck, I even sent my pics to Kiki, who also told me she saw change..but when a complete stranger walks up to you and says it.. wow, does it have more clout:) It honestly made my day. It made me realize and understand, that even though the tape measure and the scale are incredibly slow to change, it does not mean that change isnt happening. It definitely solidified for me, that THIS is my new way of life. I AM getting fitter, smaller, and stronger, and in time those things will show on the scale and tape measure.

So if you are struggling with the scale, struggling with the tape... put them away and just keep doing what you are doing. Change IS happening. Change happens in very small amounts, and even though WE cant see it, someone out there Can. Believe them when they say it. People don't just "say things" for the sake of it.. They mean it.
Believe in yourself. Know that in time, your hard work will in fact pay off, no matter what the scale or tape measure says.

Replies

• cstexas2012
    cstexas2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That must be great to hear!
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such an inspiring post! :flowerforyou: I am currently struggling with the same stuff so it really does help to know that persistence pays off!!! :drinker:
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    That's briliant! It must be frustrating thinking that there hasn't been any change, especially when you've been at this for a fair while. But this is obviously the little boost you needed to let you know that you are on the right track and things are moving in the right direction even if you don't see it in yourself yet. Keep going, you're doing great :flowerforyou:
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that.

It is so hard not to see the scale moving, not to see the tape measure moving.

I do the same thing, I don't believe my mother and husband when they see changes. I don't see them, because I see me every day.

Again, thank you, what you wrote inspired me to keep slogging along.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I too have 2-3 random strangers every week at the gym tell me how great I look, and they can see the changes. Even though I dont see anything.
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options
    I know just what you are going thorugh. I have doing this since May and haven't the same benefits you have.n Seen nothing change on scale or on the tape. As a matter of fact amonth agao I was about to give up and go down to 1500-1600 calories but i said no let me go up and give that a hot.I even take the diet breaks etc. I had a guy I work with the other day come in and say " ever time I see you you look smaller and smaller". (We work differnet sides of the shift, that's why.) I said Thanks, at least someone sees it...lol. i have been nothing what seems like my stomach deflating...lol So yesterday I took all the pics I have take (side profile only bc of my stomach) and put them side by side in the paint program on my computer. Low and behold you can see just how much my stomach has gone down since July but no changes in measurements, weird isn't it. That gave me enough motivation to keep what I am doing going. i knew it was going to be a slow process but not that slow...lmao
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    thank you for this:)
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is so true. Keep it up. Change will happen. don't quit :)