measurements

Options
where EXACTLY should i be measuring. specifically, my chest? under my boobs? around them?

what about my hips and waist? i know these should be obvious answers but ive never done this before! LOL

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Chest measurements are around your breasts, not under them. Waist is at the smallest point of your waist (which is where us older women still wear their pants -- should be right at the belly button). Hips are the widest part of your butt and should come right on your pubic bone in the front. Arms are on the widest point on your upper arms - probably right about the middle.
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    thank you SOOOOOO much! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kristieprn
    kristieprn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oops I measured under the boobs and not over! I guess I'll have to redo mine! Adding lots of inches there!
  • rubypoh
    rubypoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    where EXACTLY should i be measuring. specifically, my chest? under my boobs? around them?

what about my hips and waist? i know these should be obvious answers but ive never done this before! LOL

Bust: Don't squish yourself -- measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.

Chest: Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel to this line when you reach it around your back.

Waist: Measure wherever it is the smallest (if you have "no waist" go around yourself right at the navel line).

Hips: Measure at the very biggest part -- even if that is so low that you are almost on the top of your thighs.

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/how-do-i-take-my-measurements/4-n-142316#ixzz2Cj6ZL4SA
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Bust: Don't squish yourself -- measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.

Chest: Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel to this line when you reach it around your back.

Waist: Measure wherever it is the smallest (if you have "no waist" go around yourself right at the navel line).

Hips: Measure at the very biggest part -- even if that is so low that you are almost on the top of your thighs.

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/how-do-i-take-my-measurements/4-n-142316#ixzz2Cj6ZL4SA

soooo, im hearing around AND under? gahhh!! :)
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    .... smallest point of your waist (which is where us older women still wear their pants -- ...

:laugh:

My 8 year old always laughs and teases me that I wear my pants WAY up. I don't tuck anything in except when I'm wearing an oversweater. So...I'm not doing the total "mom jean" look.
  • rubypoh
    Options

soooo, im hearing around AND under? gahhh!! :)

When you g et measured for a bra they measure your chest (under boobs) and your bust (around boobs). The size of your chest (under boobs) is the number size. The cup size is somehow then dependent on the difference between the chest and bust.

SO... if you want your chest size measure under your boobs.
  • rubypoh
    Options
    I say measure the one you want and stick to that. Or do like I do and measure both. I think seeing any numbers shrink is positive reinforcement for you.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What about arms? Now that I've lost quite a bit of weight, there's a lot of loose skin..so am I pulling the measuring tape as tight as I can, or should it be as loose as possible? There's a lot of slack because of the loose skin....