Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

new to NROLFW

Options
joybedford
joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
Hi my name is Joy I have been on MFP for a long time and bought NROLFW many months ago but didn,t get around to starting it. I workout at home we have a weight cage with free weights, olympic bar etc, as well as a cross trainer, rower and kettlebells. I also run 3-4 times a week (this has slipped a bit recently due to another lifting programe i have been following. I have been following Jamie Easons live fit plan got as far as week 8 but this is lifting 6 days a week and cardio 4 days a week. i am exhausted with the programme i work full time mainly nights and have 3 kids and lifting 6 days a week is killing me. i have worked out hard for months but feel constantly sore. However i love lifting and the results showing in my body so don,t want to stop i enjoy it much. Going to give new rules a go as well as training for a half marathon. Need to reread the book but looking forward to getting started. Any tips appreciated.

Replies

• jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    Welcome! My advice is to just do it - you'll love it! It sounds like you have a great setup at home so you don't have to worry about overcoming fears of joining the scary looking men in the weights section at the gym. :)

I'm sure there are others who were also training for a half or full marathon when doing this so they may have other advice. I would just make sure you do give yourself the recommended rest days after your lifting days, 1-2 depending on how sore you are. I think it's fine to run on these off days but no other lifting.

Good luck! Let us know how you're doing.