New to the group - introducing myself

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Adrienne (Addie is my nickname).

I live in Vancouver, BC Canada. I'm 32. My highest weight was about 2.5 years ago when I hit 190 (I'm 5'7.5"). I had been relatively thin with no effort, and then gained 50 pounds in 3 years when I switched to a desk job and my metabolism slowed down due to a medication I was taking for a few years. I'm currently at 149 so I''ve lost 41 pounds and am 9 pounds from my goal of 140, at which point I will reevaluate/focus more on strength and fitness than weight loss.

I started out just making small changes - less sugary drinks, walking more etc. The first 30ish pounds came off this way.

I got serious about health and fitness around March or April. I started running which is something I had never done before being asthmatic and out of shape. When i started I could only run about 45 second intervals, now I can do 20 minutes straight, walk for a couple, then do another 10-15 pretty easily. It's been very rewarding.

I also have had some bad back injuries which I am working hard to correct through yoga, stretching, exercise, chiro and massage. I am very committed to getting fit and healthy for a variety of reasons - not just looking better but being mobile and healthy well into old age.

None of this comes baturally to me. The only exercise I ever enjoyed previously was walking and yoga. I didn't eat healthy growing up - we always had ice cream, pop, cookies and chips int he house. It's been a long slow process of changing my habits and I still probably indulge a bit too much.

So that's my story! If you can relate or just want some more MFP friends please feel free to add me! Looking for motivation to stick with it and to kick things up a notch to get these last few pounds off!