OVER 50, How are you doing after RY wls surgery

Options
I'm over 50 what should I expect. Will I lose slower..date 10/15/12 . Help!!

Replies

• dsagel
    dsagel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LOL....I have just been thinking the same thing so am anxious to see what replies you get!!

Debbie
  • RNYcindee
    Options
    I'm Cindee and I'm 57 and I had the roux en y in June,2011. i am now 15 months out and have lost 180 lbs. I think it goes slower when your older but it can be done! it is necessary to watch the types of foods you eat (eating healthy) and exercise is a must to be ing successful! Feel free to add me as a friend, i can give you more info as we text!:smile:
  • nucamprn
    Options
    WOW - another Cyndi here. Im 55 yo. and started @ 248#'s. Im only 5'.
    I had a RNY 10/15/12. I have lost 20.5 # including the week before surgery liquid diet.
    I stalled at week 3-4 then dropped 4#'s in 1 week. I am feeling the loss in my clothes more than the scale.
    I took 4 weeks off work and I am glad I did. Week 4 I started at the pool with aqua aerobics. the first week back i was too exhausted (i know excusues) and didnt make it. Monday Im determined to start pool exercises again.
    The hardest thing for me right now is the not drinking when I eat.
    Cyndi
  • nucamprn
    Options
    RNYCindee-
    Congratulation on your success. What an amazing loss in a short time. I only hope I can do as well.
    Cyndi
  • MISSCOOPER9
    Options
    Cyndi we had the same surgery date, my weight loss went very much like yours pre surgery i was at 328 the day of surgery i wss 316 now i am 298. I walk some but not as much as i should, had some stomach soreness.
  • MISSCOOPER9
    Options
    Thanks Cindee, good to know it can be done. Let me get to work!:-)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cindee, good to know it can be done. Let me get to work!:-)
    If you follow instructions of your doctor and their team you will lose the weight for sure
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well I am 36 so this really wasn't geared to me, but in my experience, we all loose differently. period! none of us are the same. My weight loss has been considered slow by my nutritionist, but my doctor is fine with it. I have lost a total of 96 lbs. but since my surgery not including pre surgery loss, I have only lost 75 lbs in 6 1/2 months. That is only about 12 lbs a month. i know some people who have lost twice this and some who have lost half of this in the same amount of time. I can only say that I feel amazing and love the gym.lmbo! Good luck on your journey.

Feel free to add me too:wink:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and had RNY when I was 42, but for me I was a pretty quick loser and my metabolism has held up pretty well. Just do what you're supposed to do and you will be fine!!