Wrist wraps

BuffERRN
BuffERRN Posts: 109 Member
I bought the Scheik (sp?) 24" wrist support wraps and used them for the first time today. I think that I was wrapping them too tight due to my finger started to tingle and go numb. I used them on bench, dips, and thrusters.

Any suggestions of use? What lifts can I/ should I use them on? So far so good with them...

Replies

• Hey Buff!
    I started using wraps about 4 months ago when my wrist started killing me on bench press. I wrap them pretty tight, but release them after each set to let the blood flow. I've found they work great for most exercises, with the exception of pull ups, flyes and a few others that require my wrist to flex.
    M
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    use them when you think they're needed.

I typically wrap up for bench and overhead sets over 85% or so. Or if my wrists are just bothering me that day.
    Wrap them really tightly, then release them between sets if needed.
  • BuffERRN
    Thanks fellas!!!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    I use the combination gloves and wrist wraps for heavy deadlifts and clean and jerks. And agree with Ilovedeadlift above, and I'll add that I consciously don't use them unless I really need them to help make sure my wrists strengthen.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    I use the combination gloves and wrist wraps for heavy deadlifts and clean and jerks. And agree with Ilovedeadlift above, and I'll add that I consciously don't use them unless I really need them to help make sure my wrists strengthen.

gloves are horrible for just about every single lift out there. they don't prevent callouses and actually make it harder to grip heavy stuff.

chalk + wrist wrips
  • sunsnstatheart

gloves are horrible for just about every single lift out there. they don't prevent callouses and actually make it harder to grip heavy stuff.

chalk + wrist wrips

Disagree on making it harder and don't care about callouses. My gym doesn't allow chalk so I'm stuck with having my callouses torn off with the occasional bad lift or wearing and ripping up gloves.
  • ilovedeadlifts

Disagree on making it harder and don't care about callouses. My gym doesn't allow chalk so I'm stuck with having my callouses torn off with the occasional bad lift or wearing and ripping up gloves.

Ahh so you're using gloves to basically tear up instead of your hands? I guess I can get that. I've always just smuggled chalk in or used chalk spray when I've been unfortunate enough to train at a fitness club.
  • sunsnstatheart
    Yea, that's pretty much it. There's even a guy in my gym that uses paper towels for heavy deads. Says he's sick of buying gloves. He had me LMAO the other day chatting about it. I figure whatever works . . .
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Yea, that's pretty much it. There's even a guy in my gym that uses paper towels for heavy deads. Says he's sick of buying gloves. He had me LMAO the other day chatting about it. I figure whatever works . . .

bahahha. please get a picture
  • buttabeen
    buttabeen Posts: 10 Member
    I use the wrist wraps when I bench and do barbell rows...and sometimes when I do lat pull downs
  • BuffERRN
    Don't mind calluses, don't dead lift much do to my gym doesn't have the right equipment...
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Don't mind calluses, don't dead lift much do to my gym doesn't have the right equipment...

the gym doesn't have a barbell?
  • BuffERRN
    Nope. Smith machines but no free 45lb bar... Planet fitness is janky..
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Nope. Smith machines but no free 45lb bar... Planet fitness is janky..

ahh. I lifted there for a while when I first got into lifting. Couldn't stand not being able to squat, bench, or deadlift.