Bikini Ready!

Options
Hi!

My name is Jenna I'm 21 years old and attend University in Canada. I am going on a tropical vacation in the middle of feb for reading week and I am trying to get bikini ready while also staying on top of a load of homework :(

Current weight ~ 140
Goal weight - whatever I can lose by feb!

If anyone else is in the same boat add me and we can get through this together!

Replies

• blullb
    blullb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am going to be going on my honeymoon in febraury and i also want to make sure i am bikini ready!!! I have already lost 9 pounds and i have 5 more i want to lose! Stick to this and make sure you stay under your max calories each day:)
  • spangey13
    Options
    Got my wedding in February, and it is also summer here in February so I'll jump on this bandwagon.

My scale told me thismorning that I was 61.1kg (134.4 pounds). When I started here I was 63.5. Then my fiance jumped on the scales, told me the scales said he'd lost 5kg since Monday, and declared them broken. So now I've no idea!! I've just started doing some extra work on my arms and legs with weights. I hope to see some difference by February, but not got my heart set on it.

I have found though, that by seriously focusing more on protein intake, that I am eating way better foods. So maybe that will help some people?
  • blullb
    Options
    That is very ironic that you were 134.4 last time you stepped on the scale, that is EXACTLY what i was a week ago!!!! I now am down just a tad bit and have 5 more pounds till my goal. I would like to be 126 for my honeymoon. How tall are you? I am 5'8".
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    That is very ironic that you were 134.4 last time you stepped on the scale, that is EXACTLY what i was a week ago!!!! I now am down just a tad bit and have 5 more pounds till my goal. I would like to be 126 for my honeymoon. How tall are you? I am 5'8".

I'm 5ftt 8 and would lLOVE to be 134 pounds!!!! I'm 148 ish and want to set an initial goal of 140. How arevyooublosing- it's just not happening for me. How many cals and what exercise?
  • blullb
    Options
    My starting weight was 148 so i know exactly where you are at right now:) I do a max of 1200 calories per day and always make sure to eat breakfast and lunch so i dont use many calories for dinner since its not great to eat a lot later in the day. I do cardio twice a week for about 45 minutes and other then that i just do some squats and crunches at home a few days a week. The big key is making supper your smallest meal and eating it as early as possible with no snacking after AND keeping calories below 1200. Even if you dont work out, this should work! Let me know after you have done this for 1 week. My first week i lost 6 pounds!!! You can do it!!! What have you been doing till now?
  • coach_alesha
    Options
    I am going to disney in march for a beachbody trip I earned.. there is nothing more intimidating then being around a lot of very fit people and still having some weight to lose.. Doing 1200 calories a day but I may need to bump it up a bit since I work out 6 times a week and need the energy.

That is so awesome blullb that you lost 6 pounds in your first week! Way to go!! I just started today so we shall see where I am at a week from now! :)
  • blullb
    Options
    look forward to hearing your results!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hi im 61 kg 5 ft. Ie. 134 pounds. Im really happy with all of my body now except for my tummy...it sticks out more than anything else. I will be at the beach in 2 weeks but really planning for it to go for my other beach holiday in july. So lots of toning now!pls add me and say in the msg that u r part of not that heavy girls
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Bahamas in January for me. I don't need to drop weight but really am in need of some muscle definition (or 'toning' if you want to call it that). I think for all of us, a beach vacation should be one of the biggest motivators since there's not much we can hide in a bikini :laugh:
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have my honeymoon in September to be bikini ready for! but before that I have a trip to Puerto Rico in March. I'm right around 126 right now and would like to be at 120 so getting there!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have my honeymoon in September to be bikini ready for! but before that I have a trip to Puerto Rico in March. I'm right around 126 right now and would like to be at 120 so getting there!

Love your pic.
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    February is my goal month to have lost 10lbs as well. My reason is not a bikini, but rather a wellness evaluation for life insurance. I need to be in my Target BMI to get the best rates. I'm 7 lbs away, but I want to have a little wiggle room for bloating, etc.
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Love your pic.

Thank you! he hired a secret photographer, which i'm so happy to have those pictures bc the moment seems like a blur in my memory!
  • SpartyOn33
    SpartyOn33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be all toned-out by April for my surfing trip to Costa Rica! Nothing quite like getting surf lessons from cute surfer men all day.. I want to be sure to look my best! ;-)

I'm 24, 5'7", started this process around 148lbs, and on the scale this morning I weighed 141.8; but I have been hoovering around 142 for a few days now. I'm trying to get down to 130, but as long as I'm losing inches in the waist, hips, and thighs, I really don't care if I don't reach the weight.

I work out 5-6 days a week for an hour each session - 30min lifting, and 30 cardio/calisthenics. So far it's going well! :-)
  • lacaro1
    lacaro1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 148 so i know exactly where you are at right now:) I do a max of 1200 calories per day and always make sure to eat breakfast and lunch so i dont use many calories for dinner since its not great to eat a lot later in the day. I do cardio twice a week for about 45 minutes and other then that i just do some squats and crunches at home a few days a week. The big key is making supper your smallest meal and eating it as early as possible with no snacking after AND keeping calories below 1200. Even if you dont work out, this should work! Let me know after you have done this for 1 week. My first week i lost 6 pounds!!! You can do it!!! What have you been doing till now?

My daily calorie goal is a little bit higher, but generally I have a similar plan. I eat the least of my calories for dinner and have a big lunch instead. That increases the release of the HCH (human growth hormon) that helps you burn fat during the night!
  • WillardsMommy1
    Options

My daily calorie goal is a little bit higher, but generally I have a similar plan. I eat the least of my calories for dinner and have a big lunch instead. That increases the release of the HCH (human growth hormon) that helps you burn fat during the night!

What do you ladies do to avoid "boredom" eating at night. That is my biggest problem...anytime I sit down to watch TV or relax it feels like I need to be eating something. I TRY to eat most of my calories earlier in the day but struggle to stay within my dinner calorie goals.

Also, I get insomnia if I'm even the slightest bit hungry...what do you do to avoid that, if it ever happens?

I'm trying to lose 10 lbs by the end of February, no trip planned yet but my reward for losing is a trip when I feel bikini ready!
  • blullb
    Options
    A big thing for me to avoid boredom eating is going to bed earlier. I used to stay up late just to watch tv, but then i would tend to want to eat in the meantime. Also, weight loss is higher if you are getting proper amounts of sleep, so it will be a double whammy if you make yourself go to bed a bit earlier to avoid eating.
    About the insomnia if you are hungry, i then grab a small handful of almonds or trail mix. Something solid enough to curb the hunger feeling but just a small amount.
    Also, another thing to do when you wanna snack in the evenings is make yourself drink lots of water. Your stomach will feel too full to want to eat and most people dont drink enough water anyhow. Another double whammy!
    You can do this, i wanna c your 10 pound loss by end of february:)
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on MFP! I'm headed to vacation December 28th so am down to just a little bit of time (yikes) but my honeymoon in June and have NEVER worn a bikini. I'm so glad you wrote this post. I will support you and I NEED all of the support I can get from the beautiful ladies here. Today is a hog fest at my job....I am trying to make the best choices I can while not depraving myself entirely. Good luck...I know you can do it!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you are not getting too few calories. That can stall your weight loss.
    I am 5'7" / 130lbs. I'm in maintenance and am at 1600 cal/day + I eat back some of my exercise calories.
    When I started at about 142 I was at 1500 cal/day + exercise calories to lose 1-2 bs / week.

Good luck ladies!!
  • brittrussell08
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and weigh 124. I would like to be to 112 by summer time. Starting January 2nd I will start going to Zumba twice a week, and I will start counting calories again. I need to lose some of my belly so that I can wear a bikini this summer! I haven't been in one since before my son was born and he is almost 6! Any tips or anything to help me get motivated?