Calorie intake advice

ezavora
ezavora Posts: 59 Member
I am confused on how many calories I should be eating. According to the book I have a BMR of 1250, zero exercise TDEE of 1750, and exercise day TDEE of 2000. Do these numbers factor in loosing weight? I want to loose 10 pounds, which would put me at 135 which I think is a good weight for my 5'4" frame. What suggestions do others have for adding in cardio or HIIT?

FYI, before starting the program (im only in week 1) I did my own weight training 2 times a week, HIIT running once a week, and another couple times a week of jogging or swimming. I was eating about 1750 a day and loosing half a pound a week.

Thanks for any feedback

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Not an expert, but I'm very close to your size (5'4", around 140 lbs). I've been eating TDEE minus 20% (1540 cals/day) maybe 10-12 weeks and averaging 0.5 lbs/ week loss. ETA I'm the same age and similar activity level too. Not sure about body fat- I'm around 25-26% depending on method used.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Thought I should add that most of the people I see posting about eating like the book suggests either maintain or even gain a bit. I got my numbers from the group "In place of a road map"