Weight Loss Tip Day 2

Options
Hydrate and lay off that soda!!! Adding more water into your daily routine will have dramatic effect on your body. I used to be a soda fanatic. Of course my soda of choice was the worst one out there, Mountain Dew! Oh how I still love my green goodness but I just couldn't keep giving my body such terrible chemicals and calories! I have found out of all of the products I had to stop eating/drinking or moderate was soda. I just love soda. I am not a coffee drinker at all. It makes me feel really sick for some reason, so for my caffeine I always went for soda. I had one in the morning, the afternoon, and a lot of times, for dinner. And I'm not talking about a can of soda; I'm talking about those 20oz bottles that pack 290 calories! I was not counting any calories at the time so I didn't care! Who knew I was pretty much drinking more than half of what my calorie allowance is today. I also did not drink any water. I would here and there but I wasn't working out at the time either and I wasn't busting a sweat in any other way so I just didn't think about getting my much needed water. Well that all changed when I finished my indoor soccer game one night and was so thirsty I downed a liter and a half of water during my 25 minutes car ride home. Here is what changed everything...I didn't pee afterwards. You would think after in taking so much water I would be bursting at the seams after a while but it just never happened. I figured I would be up all night visiting the rest room but nope, I slept through the night. It was a real wake up call for me! I drank a liter and a half of water and my body was so dehydrated and desperate that it clung on to every last drop.

Now it wasn't some overnight, cold turkey transition to no soda. It was a challenge and it sucked big time. What I started to do was give myself a water goal every day. I started with the standard 8 cups a day. I got a nice water bottle that made me want to carry it around with me all day and keep filling it. I use the Camel Back water bottle. I will be providing a link to show you which one. You can also get water bottles that track your water intake for you or a Brita water bottle that ensures you always have clean filtered water on the go. After I started making water consumption a part of my daily routine, I started my weaning process from soda and yes it was a process! I went to only drinking my soda in the morning or only allowed myself one bottle throughout the day. Now I didn’t beat myself up if I had more because slip ups do happen. After a while I started throwing in what I call fizzy water or carbonated water. I would put lemon juice in for flavor. I got the fix soda gives but I was giving myself the water I really needed. I also started drinking Zevia soda which is considered a natural soda. It is calories free but does not have the dangerous chemicals like diet sodas do like aspartame. Some say Zevia has a funky after taste but that's how I always thought about diet soda so I suppose to each their own. I drank this after I was starting to have days I did not drink any Mountain Dew at all. I like most of the flavors they have. I live over in Germany while we are stationed here so I could not tell you where to find it in the states sorry but you can order it on Amazon! After I could make it through a day without Mountain Dew or Zevia, I started in taking even more water! I am a water drinking machine! As I stated in my first weight loss tip, I do not deprive myself of anything so I will occasionally have a swig of Mountain dew or a small glass. I only allow this if I had an awesome work out! Of course I hydrate myself after my work out with water but if I am at work and really sluggish I'll have just a little soda! I only see soda as a special treat now or a reward not a daily part of my life. Soda had absolutely no nutritional value! You are just drinking empty calories and a whole lot of sugar! There are no benefits to any kind of soda! Since I have stopped drinking soda I have lost 11 pounds! Of course I am eating better and working out but I just know giving up soda has really given my weight loss the push it needed!

Here are some weight loss and other benefits from water!!!

-A faster metabolism

-Less water weight (I know I thought it was weird too! But if you hydrate yourself enough your body holds on to less!)

-Researchers estimate that over the course of a year, a person who increases his water consumption by 1.5 liters a day would burn an extra 17,400 calories, for a weight loss of approximately five pounds. They note that up to 40% of the increase in calorie burning is caused by the body's attempt to heat the ingested water. The findings are reported in the December issue of The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.

-Giving you a more full feeling! Drinking a glass of water before every meal and you will feel fuller quicker! Remember to drink water throughout the meal as well. Drinking two 8-ounce glasses of water before breakfast, lunch, and dinner while also cutting back on portions may help you lose weight and keep it off for at least a year, according to research presented at the annual meeting of the American Chemical Society, in Boston.

-Losing weight improves the look of cellulite, but hydrating from the inside out is the number-one natural way to plump skin so underlying fat cells are less noticeable. You can hydrate and slim down, by eating water-rich fruits and veggies.

-Hydrating from the inside makes skin more luminous, nutritionist Keri Glassman says, author of The O2 Diet. To see results, drink eight glasses a day. It sounds like a lot but many women need that much to see a difference in their skin, she notes.

-Reduces heart burn-Now this is only a benefit I have found that works for me! I used to have terrible heart burn at night but now that I stay hydrated I haven’t had any flare up in a while.

-Sleep better! I have noticed if I drink a glass of water before I go to bed, I sleep much better.

Ok, well that’s all I have today! If you have any other tips or tricks for giving up soda or drinking more water let us know! Have a great day!

Camel Back Water Bottle- http://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-BPA-Free-Better-Bottle-Valve/dp/B0019DCD7U

Water Tracker Bottle- http://www.amazon.com/Sportline-HydraCoach-Intelligent-Water-Bottle/dp/B005QB24LQ

Brita Bottle- http://www.amazon.com/Brita-Bottle-with-Filter-Blue/dp/B004GN8RDY/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1353933369&sr=1-1&keywords=brita+water+bottle