Need some like minded friends! :)

Options
tabi26
tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
Hi all! I'm looking for some lady friends who "eat like a man, but look like a woman" lol! I've decided to up my calorie goal to 2000 and would like some like minded friends who are willing to share support :). NETTING this much sorta scares me, so I feel that more friends I have that share the same mindset, the better. :)

Replies

• cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My current goal is also 2000, I added you. I started out much heavier than you, but I've been netting between 1700 and 2200 for the last 9 months and I've lost almost 40 pounds, 23 inches, and 5% of my body fat.
  • timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am just startng my cut process today :smile: please feel free to add me
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just starting my cut one week. Feel free to add me.
  • cncrafton
    cncrafton Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2,000 (my goal is 2,200). Feel free to add me!
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I eat 2700-3200 a day. Anyone can add me! :smile:
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a reset now at 2200-2300 calories. Anyone can add me!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm looking for some lady friends who "eat like a man, but look like a woman" lol! I've decided to up my calorie goal to 2000 and would like some like minded friends who are willing to share support :). NETTING this much sorta scares me, so I feel that more friends I have that share the same mindset, the better. :)

Are you sure you got the program correct?

"NETting" is usually not done with the program, Gross is eaten, with a weekly balance that causes you to NET above your BMR on avg daily.

If you NET when you should be Grossing, you likely won't lose weight.
  • craycrayhair
    craycrayhair Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just updated my MFP goals to 1900 a day, and it keeps telling me when I finish logging for the day that I'm going to gain weight - so frustrating!

Would love more EM2WL friends on MFP! Everyone else I'm friends with are always "under their calorie goal" at the end of the day.
  • heybales
    Options
    I just updated my MFP goals to 1900 a day, and it keeps telling me when I finish logging for the day that I'm going to gain weight - so frustrating!

Would love more EM2WL friends on MFP! Everyone else I'm friends with are always "under their calorie goal" at the end of the day.

That's because MFP has a daily maintenance figure with no exercise included nor expected, but you just set a daily goal with exercise included. So math is off each day.

For that piece of encouragement to show a tad better, see what MFP says it is using as your BMR, even if you have more accurate Katch BMR estimate.
    Apps - BMR

Your estimated TDEE / MFP BMR = adjusted multiplier.

Now go to Settings - Diet/Fitness Profile.
    Change Loss goal to maintain.
    Change Activity Level so that this is greater than your multiplier.
    Sedentary - 1.25
    Lightly Active - 1.35
    Active - 1.45
    Very Active - 1.55

So notice they only go as high as Moderately Active used in normal TDEE calculators. But if that's what you used, good to go.

When you save out of that page, you will have to manually adjust calorie goals again.

So if your TDEE is 2235, and your BMR is 1442, then 1.55.
    So you would select Very Active in MFP.
    They would set daily maintenance at 2235.

You set goal to 1900.

And when you reach goal and they do math, "in 5 weeks you lose 3.35 lbs".

But, since you also included exercise, you could go a step further.
    Log your exercise calories after you reach your daily goal, or mentally remember you only hit 1900. So you will appear to have that deficit also, and when you finish for the day, bigger deficit which is what really happened.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Invite sent I eat around 1800 - 2000, anyone can feel free to add me.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You can add me, i'm pretty supportive though I have an odd sense of humor ;)

I eat 1800-2000 usually
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I've just increased my daily calories to 2400 after finally getting my body fat checked and using the calculators on fat2fit radio. Would love more friends who eat like this. Anyone please feel free to add me.
  • heybales
    Options
    I've just increased my daily calories to 2400 after finally getting my body fat checked and using the calculators on fat2fit radio. Would love more friends who eat like this. Anyone please feel free to add me.

What was the difference on fat2fit between the Katch BMR based on bodyfat%, and the Harris BMR based on age, weight, height?

And which one times 1.55 equals the goal in the table for Moderate?

What is the other one?

I've seen easily a difference in BMR of 200-400 depending on BF%.

And fat2fit bases table on Harris BMR, not the more accurate Katch.
    You could be eating at unnecessary inflated values, which in some cases could leave you with no real deficit.

You might try this too.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/750920-spreadsheet-for-bmr-tdee-deficit-macro-calcs-hrm-zones
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm messing with the "last 10 lbs" and body recomposition right now... eating 2300/day. Add me if you like!