Week 11 Report - Sunday 11/25/12

Options
Hi All,

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Here is my weekly update:

- I worked out 6 of the 7 days (I missed out on Black Friday and walked the malls instead but didn't wear my watch) burning 4505 calories.

- I stayed within my calorie intake goals 6 of the 7 days (missing the one day I didn't work out) but was well within my weekly calorie goal.

- I will be running the Santa Claus 5K on Sunday.

I peeked at the scale this morning and it has gone down a wee bit so I will cross my fingers that that is not a fluke and remains true for my weekly weigh-in on Wednesday. As I have mentioned before, I have revised my 90 day challenge weight goal from 127 to 136, which is the top of healthy BMI range for my height/gender/age. I am currently at 143.4 on my scale and 145.5 on the KB scale. Ideally, I'd love to be 136 on the KB scale by the end date of the challenge but we'll see how it goes. I am now taking Bob's advice and going virtually carb-free for the remainder of the challenge. I will probably allow myself a little fun on my birthday but will otherwise stay the course to see if that helps me move the scale.

cheers,
Heather

Replies

• browninsb
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for understanding my non post last week. I was within my goals on all accounts and it was a tough week!

This last week I spent with my ailing sister. I logged on every day but their was a computer glitch and my stuff didn't upload so I no longer have my log in since May. I had an interesting week at best and did a 45 min Jump Rope workout - ouch! Not advisable. I did get to workout Fri, Sat, Sun at The B and get in all of my needed calories. I stayed within my overall calories and I'm staying within my weight goal.

I'm thankful for your encouragement and support.

Happy Happy,
    Mary Ellen
  • airboy1952
    airboy1952 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fellow Challengers,

During Thanksgiving week I was able to exercise only 4 of the 7 days, and consequently burned only a paltry 2174 calories. As a result I was over my calorie goal for the week.

My weight has drifted up slightly over the past few weeks at my new 1700 calorie/day setting, so I'm returning to the previous 1200 calorie/day goal.

However, as you'll see in my entry for the weight accountability log, my weight actually went down when measured on Tuesday 11/27. I don't understand this at all, which is why I'm sticking to something simple like physics rather than nutrition. (I can just hear Dr. McCoy from STAR TREK saying "Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a nutritionist!")

Cheers,
    Roger