Something I didn't know about wheat

Options
imwithgizmo
imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
Though I no longer eat wheat, I found this interesting (the part about the protein), and a validation of my choice. I'm interested to learn more.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57505149/modern-wheat-a-perfect-chronic-poison-doctor-says/

Replies

• alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The Dr. cited is William Davis who wrote Wheat Belly. Not everything in the book is great and there's some debate over whether he interpretted studies correctly, but it was an interesting read. And the differences in wheat today compared to what it used to be are significant. I think in the book he also points out that besides the additional gliadin protein, that today's wheat also contains more gluten proteins in both quantity and concentration.

I liked the book in that it gave another different view of wheat, and really makes sense from the standpoint of why we are seeing so many issues now that we didn't even 100 years ago.
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I liked the book in that it gave another different view of wheat, and really makes sense from the standpoint of why we are seeing so many issues now that we didn't even 100 years ago.

That is a great point. I wondered why our ancestors seemed to survive on it.