Goals!

Options
mdb543
mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
What are your goals and what are you doing now to reach them? I am currently doing TurboFire!! I started 2 weeks ago and love it! I went through P90X, insanity, and Brazil Butt Lift along with tossing in a few others over the summer. I am continuing on working towards toning up and get better endurance with my cardio (I HATE CARDIO!!!)! I eat a high protein diet with few carbs.

Replies

• spring_breeze
    Options
    I'm doing Nike training , but I'm sooo lazy, hopefully I finally manage to reach my goal and train every day!
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Can't afford alot of the dvd workouts. I like to walk. And I am trying to incorporate running/jogging. I have a membership to a 24hr gym, but sometime finding the hours in the day isn't easy. I work two weeks out of the month 12hr shifts. The other two weeks I work 3 or 4 days of 8hr shifts. Although I have a husband who is a full time paid fire fighter and an Ast. Chief of our volunteer department. Together we have a total of four kids ages 15, 11, 10 and 8. Sometimes I don't know which end is up. I am trying to break the 200 bairer by 12/31. Any help would be greatful.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20ish lbs and tone up... I started training for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer using their training template. I am thinking about doing the Brazil Butt Lift. I ordered it a while ago but I haven't done it.
  • mlittleplume
    mlittleplume Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I need pals! Let's hold each other accountable! Encouragement, determination and all that good stuff. Be my pal? How was everyone's Thanksgiving btw?
  • Half_of_Bri
    Half_of_Bri Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My main goal over the holidays in particular is to get to the gym three times per week and stay within my calorie budget. I'm not going to hold myself to a weight loss goal right now since that can get intimidating to me. I have a lot of weight to lose ( about 140 lbs.). What are your best pieces of advice for someone who's just starting out and has a long way to go?
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am working out at a club called Kosama. I love it b/c they mix up the workouts each month and incorporate lots of different types of exercises into workouts--kickboxing, trx bands, kettleballs, resistance bands, weighted bars, and good ol' fashioned bodyweight/cardio stuff. I don't have to think, just get my butt there in time and be ready to go.

Diet wise, I fell off the wagon last month when I was unable to exercise due to tendonitis in my knee. But I am back at it, and I try to maximize veggies and minimize animal products. I do use whey protein and greek yogurt to help keep my protein intake up though.

I am 43 years old and 5'6". I have gone from 188 lbs. in April to 151 currently, my goal is 145 lbs. I would LOVE to lose the last 6 lbs. by Christmas, but more importantly want to get my body fat percentage below 30%. At last check it was 33% (down from 38% when I started this journey). Would love new friends to support and have for support...especially those with similar goals or habits.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Half of Bri, just take it one day at a time, and set mini-goals for yourself. I'd set a "behavior" goal that you are in direct control of, such as keeping calories at a certain amount or exercising a certain amount. I'd also set a "benchmark" goal, such as when you have lost x amount of pounds or x inches from your measurements, reward yourself with a treat such as a new clothing item or a pedicure or manicure! You can do this, and we will support you.
  • mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My goal is to gain a few pounds and some muscle mass. Finishing up P90x and Insansity and should finish right about Christmas. I will then do P90x again. I've done Turbo Fire, P90x, insanity, JM DVDs, Brazil Butt Lift, and Bob Harper's set.
  • mdb543
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20ish lbs and tone up... I started training for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer using their training template. I am thinking about doing the Brazil Butt Lift. I ordered it a while ago but I haven't done it.

If you have it, you should definitely give BBL a go!! It really helped me in all area's not just my booty lol I LOVE the ab routine too!!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater so I guess my main goal through the holidays is to keep that evilness at bay. I would first like to get better, fighting a sinus infection and chest conjestion, so getting well would be a plus. I would like to lose 5 lbs by Jan. 1.
    I have several dvds, just finished Rockin' Body before sickness and Thanksgiving. I will be starting Body Gospel the first part of Dec. and Turbo Fire after the first of the year. Got big plans just need to set them into action and actually do it!
  • mdb543
    Options
    Half of Bri, just take it one day at a time, and set mini-goals for yourself. I'd set a "behavior" goal that you are in direct control of, such as keeping calories at a certain amount or exercising a certain amount. I'd also set a "benchmark" goal, such as when you have lost x amount of pounds or x inches from your measurements, reward yourself with a treat such as a new clothing item or a pedicure or manicure! You can do this, and we will support you.

Definitely a great idea!! I found when I started out I set too many long term goals which really just got overwhelming because I was expecting too much too soon.. If that makes sense? My husband stole my scale from me and I was forced to use the tape measure to see the REAL results. I set mini goals every 30 days. I found that helped me stay focused on what I needed to do that given day (and I'm still like that) and get it done to achieve the long term goals I have wanted. The Behavior goals are something I totally agree with. I hate cardio, but would love to run.. I know sounds stupid.. BUT I set goals each week to run for a certain amount of time and build that time up. So week 1 I may only run for 4 minutes and walk for 3 etc. but I know if I can run those 4 minutes straight then the following week it's not so bad and I can stride for longer. Same thing in any mind set you have. If calories are your struggle or food is your struggle, get your mind in gear and "challenge" yourself to maintain your calorie count or whatever it is you need to focus on.
  • mdb543
    Options
    I am a binge eater so I guess my main goal through the holidays is to keep that evilness at bay. I would first like to get better, fighting a sinus infection and chest conjestion, so getting well would be a plus. I would like to lose 5 lbs by Jan. 1.
    I have several dvds, just finished Rockin' Body before sickness and Thanksgiving. I will be starting Body Gospel the first part of Dec. and Turbo Fire after the first of the year. Got big plans just need to set them into action and actually do it!

How do you like Rockin' Body? I am trying to get my mom to do Body Gospel!! So many people love it! You have big plans, but those big plans will get you the results!! We'll keep you motivated!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    How do you like Rockin' Body? I am trying to get my mom to do Body Gospel!! So many people love it! You have big plans, but those big plans will get you the results!! We'll keep you motivated!!
    Really liked Rockin' Body! Now is a good time to get some of their dvds black Friday/cyber Monday sell on several! I got my Body Gospel on order, it was $25 + taxes. There's several others on sale. Give health for Christmas!
  • mdb543
    Options
    Really liked Rockin' Body! Now is a good time to get some of their dvds black Friday/cyber Monday sell on several! I got my Body Gospel on order, it was $25 + taxes. There's several others on sale. Give health for Christmas!

I ordered a few on Friday when the deal came out for Christmas presents and my husband and I run Challenge Groups so we are giving them away for free prizes!! The Turbo Fire was definitely a great deal!! My family is all over weight and has excuse after excuse on why they can't get into shape.. mainly money.. haha not this Christmas! I am thinking of giving my mom the Body Gospel and getting her onto MFP to track her calories. She is pre-diabetic and obese and I don't want anything to happen to her.
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    I have a few small goals. I start back to school on January 8 and I want to be 15 pounds lighter by then, but my end goal is to be 140 ( 65 pounds) by june23 it's going to be hard but I am willing to push and work hard at it!
  • spikethat
    Options
    Weight loss is something I've struggled with for all my life! I'm finally taking control and my goal is to lose 6 pounds by the new year making my total 10 lbs! Keep me motivated guys!
  • RachelMichelleW
    Options
    I have a few goals, I want to lose 3 kilos by New Years, and another 7 kilos by March 3rd. At the moment I'm really struggling to eat less and I keep eating back all my calories from workouts even when I'm not hungry.
    I've been eating far too much bread and crap these past couple of weeks and I'm feeling pretty down as I've stopped losing weight and can't seem to get out of this rut.
  • msmarla1967
    Options
    Well, here I am. Yesterday was my first day of watching my food intake in a LOOOOONNNNNNG time, so I'm pretty impressed that I'm here and starting to do the right thing.

Honestly my goal on Sunday was to get through the holidays without gaining anymore weight. But now I'd like to do better than that. I have a lot of weight to lose...well over 50 pounds, but I'm not thinking that far (it's too overwhelming). My birthday is in mid January, so I'd like to lose 15 pounds by then. I'd like to be down 50 by my next birthday (2014). Then I'll see how I look and feel and set a new goal from there.
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My Holiday goal is to stay within my daily calorie goal and to NOT binge eat all the deserts that are so readily available this time of year. I'd also like to remain committed to strength training at least 3 x wk.
  • uva96duke98
    Options
    OK. My goal is to get through this first month in the ways that I know how. Meaning, I'm NOT going to promise myself the world (diet, exercise, therapy:) all at the same time. I'm going to get better habits and keep them.

I'm going to focus on my calorie goals and practicing many better habits (like not drinking or overeating at the holiday parties:(

Then, getting through the stressful holiday months (decorating, presents, parties, trips, etc.)

Then, in January, I will be ready to take the next leap into focusing more on exercise (I've done it before, so I have a plan!)