Favorite meals

Options
kotersmom
kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
Just thought it might be interesting to share our favorite healthy meals and dishes.

I am having a hard time getting back on track again with my eating and could use some ideas, especially lunch ideas that I can fix or take to work without a lot of hassle.

Replies

• Staceyp76
    Staceyp76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy meals are currently coming from the Hungry Girl to the Max cookbook. I love egg mugs, they are so easy and so good.

Here is a link to some of her egg mug recipes - http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1256
  • emily_bird
    Options
    If you're looking for quick meals, I'll often have a tuna & mayo sandwich .Throw some peppadews,hot sauce or tobasco in it and it is divine ! I like the tuna because it's a "brain food" and I swear I feel better after having it. I'll also have an egg on toast with some tomato sauce (ketchup), worchestchire sauce and pepper. Other popular meals for lunch are salad sandwiches, peanut butter and jam (not jelly desert stuff. I think Americans call jam jelly?) . Muesli, honey and yoghurt or a fruit smoothie.
    For breakfast, I'll have oats with honey, milk and some raisins or a banana or toast.In winter I'll have soups or cooked apples with yoghurt.In summer, I'll have more salads. I used to eat more fruit, but I found that I needed something more substantial in the day. Now, I tend to have fruit more as snacks or supplements in between my meals.Another thing that I have a lot of, is I'll have a heaped teaspoon or a tablespoon of peanut butter. It's higher in calories, but peanut butter is great when you're having cravings or are hungry, but you're not ready for a meal, as it takes away your appetite.
    The above basically tends to be the quickest and most convenient.

I usually have my "proper meal" for supper, which would be a portion of meat, with veg and a card. That's when everyone is home, so supper tends to be the "balanced" meal.
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love tuna...I eat a lot of salads with tuna for lunch. But now that its cold I am craving warm foods. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Turkey Taco Chili from the Skinnytaste.com website. It's so filling and delicious. =D