Eek, so it's 5 weeks - what's your plan??

Options
Tough time of year to lose weight, all those christmas nights out etc.

I've looked at the menus available where we're going for our works night out and I've selected in advance. This means I can work out how many cals I'm having, and how much damage I have to make up for! This will help me plan.

Also, if I'm already treating myself on two team nights out (one with my new team, one with my old) and obviously christmas day, as well as christmas even where I meet my family for a chinese meal, I can focus on these being my only treats, so that'll hopefully help me stick to being good the rest of the time!

What's the plans for the rest of you? Any good hints or tips for handling this time of year and still getting the weight off??

Replies

• alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how it's going to work out. I don't work and all my friends are long distance as I recently moved, so I don't have to really worry about goodies lying around to tempt me. I will probably start having issues when the semester is over and I'm at home more often. I've found that if I don't have anywhere to be, then I sleep until around 10-11am. This is an issue because I plan my food around the time and try to eat something every 3-4 hours. For some reason sleeping late makes me want to eat more often. I'm going to have a very hard time getting up in the morning when I don't have a scheduled reason to do so.

I'm just going to have to be really on top of counting and resist buying goodies when I go grocery shopping. Hitting the gym will also be a challenge as I am lazy by nature (I love my video games). Hopefully I can get my fiancée to help me out by not bringing tempting food or drink home. :)
  • b_edwards002
    Options
    My plan is to just stay active and do my best to drink lots of water. its easy to choose other things to drink when they are offered so i have to remember those are only treats. Oh and work on eating more veggies, i love eating fruits especially apples but i tend to forget about my veggies so need to work on that. I just have to keep reminding myself that i am awesome and i can do this.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    For me its like any other day. We have my sister inlaw and her husband and my mother inlaw are coming Christmas morning for breakfast. I'm also doing an early Christmas dinner with my aunt and uncle...but since my uncle is diabetic I will be cooking healthy. So for me the eating part will come easy :)
  • gabbysabs
    Options
    Oh, it's on! This is exactly the challenge i needed. i have already lost 20 pounds this year. 10 more and i will be at my ultimate goal of 109. Perfection. Don't judge, i've done it the healthy way over 8 months time, starting at 139 in March 2012.

The plan:

1. Replace beer with wine. You'll drink less and look classy doing it!
    2. Pescetarian Diet (Vegetarian + Fish)
    3. High intensity interval training (i've joined a gym where we do 4 15 minute intervals on the treadmill sprinting and hills, then 15 minutes on the floor with free weights, squats & abs. Plus, reservation only gym that requires 12 hour notice for cancellation or they charge you for it, keeps me motivated to go!
    4. Running with my ever supportive boyfriend ( i started much slower 10:00 pace, and have since passed him up 8:30 avg pace) He couldn't be happier!

Carving off the final 10 pounds during the holidays will be quite a feat. For the first year ever, i will not have to focus my new years resolution on weight loss! That would be nice!
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    Keepin the calories low! Aiming for 1200 per day. I'll eat what I want as long as its in my calorie goal

30 mins cardio everyday and weights 4x per week

lets do thissss
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    I'll be fine until actual christmas day/new years week. I'm just going to make that I build up my endurance before so I can gun the cardio to make up for any chrissie yummies. I have a rule that calories don't count on your birthday or christmas so I'll make it up with exercise in the week surrounding it :)
  • RoxySherwood89
    RoxySherwood89 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Christmas day is the biggie for me ... lots of drinks and goodies is my usual christmas so will see how this works this year! will try my best to avoid beer and drink spirits (sorry its xmas i am going to have a drink lol) with diet mixer and fill up on veggies for xmas dinner so i do not want the treats on offer. I am going to commit to 6 days a week gym or equivalent exercise and stick to my 1200 cals a day :D this is my plan!

ive been stuck at 191lbs after loosing 50lbs for the last 2 weeks and the scales will not budge! GRRRRRRR!

They WILL budge to lose 9lbs before 01/01/2013!!
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am going to take one day at a time, just watch carb/calories and exercise 5-6 days a week. Make the Bridal shower, wedding, Xmas, a dinner party and Anniversary celebration as free days! a very tough challenge indeed!
  • slimdownnabi
    Options
    My plan is to stick with my daily calorie count, and to plan in advance for the holiday meals, outings and parties (most importantly staying away from the sweets). I will be exercising 3 days a week, twice with my trainer. And I will continue to be 85-90% gluten free.

The only exceptions I plan to make are my birthday (one meal not all day), Christmas day (one meal not all day, no leftovers), and New Years day (one meal not all day, no leftovers). Even on thanksgiving I watched my portion size and had only 1 dessert, no seconds, no leftovers; I plan to do the same for the other holiday meals. This type of approach worked well for me two years back, so I'm hoping for the best.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I will continue to do my workouts with Jilllian Buns and thighs and NMTZ and Leslie Sansone, but need to concentrate on my diet. Any suggestions to same meals for a week, this might help me the most?
  • sabrina19899
    Options
    i have lost 4lbs i am now at 181 :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm going about the holidays like it's any other day. Thanksgiving went well, and so did my birthday. I didn't have pie or birthday cake or anything, because I had the NEW ME in mind for next year! :)

(Also, if I have one piece, it sets off the cravings all over again...)

Christmas will be the same. I will probably be working that day so will stay away from the break room, and then will join my family for a dinner to which I'll bring a few dishes to share.
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    i have lost 4lbs i am now at 181 :happy: :happy: :happy:

So happy for you! :)