Nov 12 menopausal mad hatter chatter

Options
2»

Replies

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    cbm: hope you're enoying the trip and aren't coming home with too many jimmy choo's LOL!

had a wonderful time in Boston - and didn't encourage the economy - spent time on the treadmill and swimming - just keep swimming (Nemo / hairspray - lol....)...

however, I do have a pair of glasses from Jimmy Choo - prescription - great insurance - should have cost close to $900 US but.... (frames alone were $360)... and I have the no line progressives - wonderful getting older isn't it... but my out of pocket cost was $285 USD.... run Carol run b4 they catch you...

see you all soon...
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    mORNING Hatters!

and happy December LOL.

I was going to start a new thread for the month, but this is a good one going right now with lots of good ideas I may need to refer to this month so I thought I'd wait instead... heading off to work but wanted to say have a great weekend everyone.. I'm working on about 2 hrs sleep so this could be an oogly day LOL!:bigsmile:
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    December?? Did a couple of months fall 'off the calendar?? I'm so tired and so far behind! I appreciate the "one day at a time" posts from everyone and the ideas for surviving the holidays. Love the trip stories. I'm glad for everyone who's getting out and doing things! I'm jealous of the Jimmy Choo glasses. I'll bet they look great. That's going to be one of my planned rewards when I get to my goal - glasses that are NOT from the bargain section!

Take care of yourselves, Everyone. Flu and cold season is upon us. Get your rest, drink your fluids and wash your hands! Have a great weekend!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    @ kobie - will need to take a picture one day soon... not sure when and will post in my pics....

Carol
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Melissa, Love the new picture. You are our maintenance pioneer. We are all rooting for you and I know that you will banish sugar.
    Snoozie, you are our rock and inspiration, thank you so much for keeping up with all of us! One of these days I am coming to Canada to walk along the water with you.
    I think we all have stories of sugar or chips just taking over. Here is my funniest (now) story about sugar taking over. I was married less than a year, (many years and many pounds ago) when I was home alone the day after Easter. Bob's grandparents had made chrischicki (sp?) very thin Polish fried cookies with lots of powdered sugar on top. I was studying and I would periodically stop for "just 2" At first I was thinking Bob would not notice, but then suddenly they were almost all gone. I knew if Bob opened the box he would be shocked at how many I had eaten. So I decided there was a possibility that he would forget about them. So I ate them all and disposed of the box. Sure enough he didn't think about them for a week. When he did I admitted that I had eaten them, but did not admit that it was all in one afternoon. Unfortunately that was not the only time when i decided eating half a box of cookies was more noticeable than eating an entire box and getting rid of the "evidence." And although Bob never said he noticed, he did stash boxes of cookies where I would probably not find them. It used to make me humiliated and angry. Now I tell him and the kids (and MIL who doesn't listen) that I don't care what sweets they want I just don't want to see them. Even if the cookies are in the breadbox and I know they are there, I can forget about them, but if I see them they call my name "Janet-just one won't hurt" but I have been down this road too many times and there is no such thing as just one for me. It is incomprehensible that DH and all three kids can eat just one cookie or something I have NEVER done, eat half a candy bar!
    The Jimmy Choo glasses sound awesome and a great deal.
    I love a deal, went to my consignment shop on Saturday and score, I bought a leather coat! Its lined and double breasted. I did need a new short coat and I was thinking about a wool pea coat, but I could not resist the leather one. Someone new bought my consignment shop and the rumor is that this person likes consignment furniture and not clothes. That would be terrible and I hope it turns out not to be true.
    Carol, I am headed to visit my dad next week, we are planning on going to one of the Disney parks one night to see the Christmas lights, but we haven't decided which park.
    Happy December Hatters, Janet
  • Snooozie
    Options
    just popping in for a quick sec to say ill catch up on reading and do a post tomorrow.. long day and heading for bed.. i may not even get undressed... i just have to put it all back on in a few hours anyway LOL.. hugs and see ya'll in the morning! will try to sneak in from work!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Started a new discussion for December, Hatters.... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813091-mad-hatter-chatter-december-2012