Welcome!

Options
umachanxo
umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
Hi there! Feel free to introduce yourselves in this thread and get to know each other!

EARLY STARTERS: Please post your stats in the "Early Starters - Nov. 26" section. Those starting on Dec. 3 should post in "Week One - Dec. 3".

I'll start!

I'm Jenn, and I've been a member of MFP now for just a little over a year. I've gotten to know many great people, and I've lost a lot of weight and gained so much more. This is my third time doing the 30 Day Shred, and I will actually be combining it with the Brazilian Butt Lift.

I'm 5"7, 21 years old, and 145 lbs. My ultimate goal weight is 135lbs. I am doing 30 DS to help lose body fat and tone up. :)

Your turn!

Replies

• shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Shalea.

21 years young (22 on the 11th) and 239 right now. my goal is to be at least 150 and see where it goes from there.

i have tried 30DS before but i stopped after about a week because i got really sick and never started back up. i'm determined not to quit this time!
  • andilion
    andilion Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I stopped basically one day short of finishing the 30 Day Shred so I'm starting it up again, along with Couch to 5k and some additional weight training at the gym. This time I'm going to try to do the hard versions of all the exercises, without skipping any reps.
  • carlye_slover
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Carlye. I'm 21, 5'4", and I currently weigh 147lbs.

My ultimate goal is to weigh 120lbs. I'm doing 30DS in addition to gym workouts, as well as starting the paleo diet!

I am starting NOW; why wait? I want a bikini body by May!
  • laurissap40
    laurissap40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Laurissa, I am 34, 6'1" and my weight goal is to lose 12lbs by xmas with a total weight loss goal of of 27 lbs. I've never done the 30 DS, but am excited to get started. I just ordered the video from amazon, so I'll be able to start by Dec. 1st.
  • umachanxo
    Options
    Welcome guys! :) Let's be sure to motivate each other to really push through and finish all 3 levels!
  • harrietpsimpson
    harrietpsimpson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Harriet, 160 hoping to lose 20 by Summer, hopefully plenty of time to get there! It's my first time doing the 30 Day Shred, and really am hoping it's as hard as everyone says!
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I'm Vanessa and I'm 42. I'm 5'7" and currently 186lbs. My goal weight is 150lbs but I'd love to lose 10lbs by New Year.
    I've tried 30DS twice over the last 6 months but never managed more than a few days, i've always made it a 1st thing in the morning job so perhaps I need to switch things up a bit!
  • jsprangel
    jsprangel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Jenna & I'm in serious need of motivation. This is the first group I've joined on MFP. I started tracking in July 2012, and love it, but then I "fell off" the MFP tracker as things became stressful at work and with kids starting soccer in September as everything else in life seemed to takeover. I just bought 30 Day Shred Thanksgiving night at Wal-Mart...it was the one aisle that was quiet so I sought shelter in the fitness section. 30 Day Shred looked as if it were something that I could work into my scheduled each morning and keep up with. I just started the program this morning (Tuesday, 11.27.12) and started tracking my food intake again yesterday (Monday, 11.26.12). I am hoping that this program will give me a jumpstart into getting active again and see some results. I can devote 20 minuites each morning to this program and I'll do my best to track my food, weight and inches and hopefully see results. Not sure how many calories I am burning with 30 Day Shred to post to my cardio/strength training, but I think I will put it on the low end to play it safe. (this morning I posted 117 calories....?)

I'm thinking of sticking to each level for 2 weeks, making this more of a 42 Day Shred, but I will do what my body tells me and track the results each week. I am 40 yrs old, only 5'3 and weigh 167. I feel most comfortable at 130, so I have a ways to go, but I know I can get there. Looking forward to hearing how you all like the program and hear about your progress and what you are doing daily to obtain the results you are seeing and feeling. I just want to be able to wear the clothes in my closet again. I'd love to be down 20 pounds within the next 6 weeks, but it's going to take a lot of dedication, focus and motivation. Looking forward to our journey. Keep me posted and I'll do the same!
  • Christabiss
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Christa and I'm 30 years old, 5'3" and currently weigh 138lbs. *Don't know my measurements but I'll post everything on Friday. I plan on starting the 30 day shred today. My goal is to lose 5lbs and tone up by Christmas. I have a hard time sticking with fitness plans since I get bored pretty easily, but hoping that with group support I can actually finish this one!
  • wvwinner
    wvwinner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

My name is Winter and I am 23 years old. I am 5'6 and I have lost 17lbs to date with the hope to lose another 30lbs! Lets hope the 30 day shred can help me do that :)

Feel free to add me as a friend for the motivation!
  • Kashmoney79
    Kashmoney79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Kasha. I am so excited to join this group. I have had the 30 day shred for over 3 months and have not completed one full workout.:ohwell: Now is the time. Hubby and I are planning to try for baby:happy: next year. I need to get my body in tip top prenatal condition. I am 5'7 and currently weigh 186. I still have to check my measurements. I would like to drop about 20 pounds by summer. I have faith we can all meet our goals!
  • LittleMissMarie87
    LittleMissMarie87 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Natasha. I am 25 years old, and I am from Las Vegas, Nevada. Temptation out here is very annoying lol. This will be my first time doing this with others, and it will be my first time posting my measurements and weight as well. I am getting married in a year, and I'm going to Prague for my honeymoon.

I am 5'4, and I am 265 lbs. I am at my highest, and I am ready to kick some *kitten*! :D
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! =)

My name is Kambria and I am 24 years old. I am 5'2 (shorty!) and 165.6 pounds. I initially lost 73 pounds and I gained 16 pounds back, I can't explain how upset and just flat out done I was. But I am back, and more motivated then ever. I am getting married March 1, 2013 and nothing is stopping me of my goal, the scale can be a jerk but I will work harder. I have tried some DVD's but never stuck with it. This time I AM GOING TO STICK WITH IT! I am a avid runner, run 5 times a week and I want spice things up so I am adding 30 day shred. I am on day 3 as of today and even though I am sore I like feeling the burn and I love the challenge.

Feel free to friend me and we can keep each other accountable! =)
  • umachanxo
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I'm so excited that so many people are in this together. Let's be sure to stick it out to the end :)
  • Staciaj08
    Options
    Hello! I'm Stacia, I'm 27 years old, 5'1" and 140lbs right now. I have a goal weight of 120. I did the 30 day shred for about 3 weeks before, but then I got really sick and it was hard to work out so I quit. After that I just couldn't get the motivation to start up again. I'm so excited to start again and so glad I found this group. It always help motivate me when I can be held accountable. I live in MN and it is COLD here, so the workout DVD's are a great option for me. I have the Brazil Butt Lift DVD too and I plan to incorporate it in as well. We are going to Mexico in a few months and I need to get in shape to be comfortable in a bikini!!
  • raelorien
    raelorien Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim. I'm 37 years old, 5'4" and 193 lbs from Richmond Virginia. I'm excited to start this program. My goal is to lose 2% body fat by the end of the program. I look forward to hearing about everyones successes.
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Starr, 23 years old from southern California. I'm currently about 224 pounds and have been putting off doing the shred for *ages*. I joined a gym a couple of months ago and it finally opened so I'm just getting through with my first full week at a gym in ... gosh, six or seven years at least (and the only other time I was a gym member, I didn't stick with it very long). My weight loss has been all but nonexistent these past couple of months so I've been really frustrated at the scale, and the inches haven't budged much either. I'm hoping to kick things back into gear with my routines at the gym combined with the 30DS.

I only plan to do the shred 3 times a week as I'm also doing c25k (three days a week), weights at the gym, and zumba (twice a week). I'm also considering finding a beginner yoga workout that I can do at home every now and then because I'd really like to be more flexible (some of the moves in zumba today kicked my *kitten* lol).

I've got a pair of kind of heinously bright yellow pants that I bought sort of as a joke since they were on sale for super cheap. I got them a couple of months ago when I was a size 22; I'm in 20s now and these yellow capris are a size 18. I've been saying they're a goal I can't ignore since they're in my face all offensively bright every time I walk into my closet, haha. Anyway, I can button them now but obviously can't wear them out; I'd love to be able to fit into them by the end of the year if possible. Sooo fingers crossed! Additionally, I've got a convention coming up mid February that I'm probably going to buy a dress for in about six or seven weeks. If I could order said dress in a size 16 I'd be ecstatic.
  • CheekyRunner
    CheekyRunner Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm April, 39 yr old from Ontario, Canada. I bought the 30DS months and months ago and have decided now is the time to do it!....I know it's about time right?! I would love to lose some inches and at least 6 lbs by Christmas. In total I have about 50 lbs to lose.

I plan on doing 30DS 4x a week and C25k 3x a week. I am going to try to take a break from Zumba for the month of December which will be difficult for me since I plan on still going to the gym to strength train 3x a week. I love Zumba, but I think it is time to switch things up to get that scale moving!

Add me as a friend if you like. :smile:
  • JonieB
    JonieB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am Jonie SAHM to G (4) and T (almost 2) I have been on MFP off and on for about 1 1/2 years. I know this works and I know I need to stick with it. I did MFP in August and was looking really good and then I let life get in the way. I stopped tracking and then tappered off exercising. Between vacation at the end of October and Thanksgiving I have gained back about 6 lbs. I am really hoping to lose 10 lbs by New Years. I am hoping to be down to my goal weight of 125 by my sons 2nd birthday at the end of Feburary. I LOVE 30 DS. It is the only workout video I have ever stuck too. Here is to a healthy December for us all.