Week One - Dec. 3

Options
umachanxo
umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
Welcome to week one!

Here you should post your starting measurements so that you will have something to compare to at the end of the challenge and you will be able to compare your before and afters.

You don't have to post before images, but if you would like to, that's perfectly okay!

Reminder that check in days are every FRIDAY.

Here is what I am tracking for measurements. Feel free to edit if you like:
Upper arm:
Waist:
Belly:
Hips:
Thigh:
Calf:

Weight:

Replies

• Starting Sunday November 25th: 5' 8" 231.8 lbs; 88.6lb fat; 38.3% body fat; and 45 % water...I don't own a measuring tape :smile:
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Sweet! :) I just made a thread for early starters - I started yesterday too. :D
  • no1belongs
    Options
    ok well i did it once last week but im not counting it cuz it was tuesday and i havent since so starting over. today will be day 1 for me. i have to find my measuring tape so i dont know what they are. however my starting weight for this i know lol. i will edit this when i find my tape measure and i know i will need the encouragement for this so check back! ^_^

Weight: 203
  • Kashmoney79
    Kashmoney79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Upper arm:13 in
    Waist: can't find it.. belly in the way :)
    Belly:41 in
    Hips:47 in
    Thigh: 26 1/2 in
    Calf:16 in

Weight: 189
    [/quote]
  • no1belongs
    Options
    ok well i was going to start this week but i dont seem to have time for it. my problem is that I get up at 5:15 am sometimes earlier and i get lunches and breakfasts made for me and my daughter i get dressed and then i get her dressed while she is sleeping mind you. i then carry her to the living room half awake half asleep and put her shoes and jacket on. carry her downstairs (did i mention i live on the second floor of some cheap apartments) and make her stand while i unlock my car put her in the car. now normally by the time i get her to daycare its 6:15 or so. she is awake enough to run to the door, i take her lunch to the fridge she get her coat etc. off i bring her in her classroom hugs and kisses and im off to work. takes about 45 mins to an hour depending on traffic to get to work. I then have about a half hour i eat my breakfast get coffee get my systems pulled up so by 8 i am ready to start my job. which is a desk job for 8 hrs i get 2 10 min breaks and a half hour lunch i have to dress business casual to work and the building i work in is not exactly one where you can just take a walk lots of secure floors etc. so im done byt 4:30 typically (this week though im making up hours so im done at 6:30) I then drive all the way home (normally back by 5:30) pick my daughter up go home make her dinner and heat up mine. sit down for a bit of down time then its get the baby ready for and in bed clean up dishes by hand and at that point it is 8:00 sometimes 9. so im so im not sure i should be jumping around since my downstairs neighbor complains if my daughter who is 40 pounds runs around "too late" at night. i cant imagine how quick they will complain about me excercising since im 203 pounds

if anyone has suggestions i am open to them. im think i might be able to work my workout in while making dinner or right after i make dinner so my daighter can eat and i can work out but idk. help please
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    ok well i was going to start this week but i dont seem to have time for it. my problem is that I get up at 5:15 am sometimes earlier and i get lunches and breakfasts made for me and my daughter i get dressed and then i get her dressed while she is sleeping mind you. i then carry her to the living room half awake half asleep and put her shoes and jacket on. carry her downstairs (did i mention i live on the second floor of some cheap apartments) and make her stand while i unlock my car put her in the car. now normally by the time i get her to daycare its 6:15 or so. she is awake enough to run to the door, i take her lunch to the fridge she get her coat etc. off i bring her in her classroom hugs and kisses and im off to work. takes about 45 mins to an hour depending on traffic to get to work. I then have about a half hour i eat my breakfast get coffee get my systems pulled up so by 8 i am ready to start my job. which is a desk job for 8 hrs i get 2 10 min breaks and a half hour lunch i have to dress business casual to work and the building i work in is not exactly one where you can just take a walk lots of secure floors etc. so im done byt 4:30 typically (this week though im making up hours so im done at 6:30) I then drive all the way home (normally back by 5:30) pick my daughter up go home make her dinner and heat up mine. sit down for a bit of down time then its get the baby ready for and in bed clean up dishes by hand and at that point it is 8:00 sometimes 9. so im so im not sure i should be jumping around since my downstairs neighbor complains if my daughter who is 40 pounds runs around "too late" at night. i cant imagine how quick they will complain about me excercising since im 203 pounds

if anyone has suggestions i am open to them. im think i might be able to work my workout in while making dinner or right after i make dinner so my daighter can eat and i can work out but idk. help please

You just told every single mom's story. I was once a single mom and know exactly how you feel. That being said, you said that you have a little down time maybe between 7-9 somewhere, this video is ONLY 20 minutes long. Commit to it for 30 days and you will no longer be a 203lb woman jumping around, you will be a 180lb woman jumping around and possibly even lighter. This video didnt incorporate so much jumping that it should bother your neighbors and even if it does, its seriously only 20 minutes. It takes longer to read a bedtime story than it does to complete this video. You can do it while your diner is heating up. It is definitley doable, i know you can do it!
  • no1belongs
    Options

You just told every single mom's story. I was once a single mom and know exactly how you feel. That being said, you said that you have a little down time maybe between 7-9 somewhere, this video is ONLY 20 minutes long. Commit to it for 30 days and you will no longer be a 203lb woman jumping around, you will be a 180lb woman jumping around and possibly even lighter. This video didnt incorporate so much jumping that it should bother your neighbors and even if it does, its seriously only 20 minutes. It takes longer to read a bedtime story than it does to complete this video. You can do it while your diner is heating up. It is definitley doable, i know you can do it!

thank you i appreicate the vote of support. i try figured if i put it out there someone could give me an outward prespective on things maybe an area i was missing. i am commited to make this a priority and i want to make sure i can stick with it. ^_^
  • Staciaj08
    Options
    My starting measurements-taken Saturday December 1st before starting on Monday December 3rd

Upper Arm: 12.5"
    Waist: 31"
    Belly:36"
    Hips: 39"
    Thigh" 24"
    Calf: 13.5"

Weight:140 lbs.
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Taken this morning before my first workout:

Upper arm: 12 1/2 in.
    Waist: 28 1/2 in.
    Belly: 34 in.
    Hips: 35 in.
    Thigh: 22 1/4 in.
    Calf: 13 3/4 in.

Weight: 137 lbs
  • raelorien
    raelorien Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Upper arm: 12.75
    Waist: 38
    Belly 41
    Hips: 44.5
    Thigh: 22
    Calf: 16

Weight: 193
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Upper Arm: 10.2 inches
    Waist: 27 inches
    Belly: 29 inches
    Hips: 37 inches
    Thigh: 19.5 inches
    Calf: 13.5 inches

131 lbs, 5"5 and a half inches tall. Military body fat calculator via fat2fit.com says 22.9%
  • lhypes08
    Options
    Upper arm: 11
    Waist: 30
    Belly: 37
    Hips: 38
    Thigh: 22
    Calf: 13

Weight:143
  • JonieB
    JonieB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Today is my day 1. Here are my measurements today.

Upper arm: 11.5
    Waist:28.5
    Belly: 32.5.
    Hips: 35 in.
    Thigh: 23
    Calf: 13.5

Weight: 143.8 lbs
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Starting a day late.

Waist: 36
    Weight: 189

I am not going to track every little measurement, I think weight/waist and personal endurance changes will give me a very good idea of progress and I have to guard against getting obsessive with numbers. I have been doing MFP for about 3 weeks now, and have been amping up my exercise gradually for about 3 months for a very hard-fought 10 lbs. I am working very hard on nutrition and fitness to improve my weight loss.
  • amandattown
    amandattown Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Starting a day late! I love this workout but have never successfully completed the whole thirty days (in a row, that is!) My starting weight is 163 and I would love to be under 160 by christmas, with a goal of 155 or less by the end of december.
  • bottay
    bottay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

i started Level 1 at the end of Nov unfortunately i didnt continue and so now i'm back on the bandwagon having started level 2 on Saturday. i haven't lost anything since starting so here are my measurments:

Upper arm: 11in
    Waist: 31in
    Belly:
    Hips: 38in
    Thigh: 26in
    Calf: 14in

Weight: 157.18 Lb
This discussion has been closed.