Staying Motivated thru Holidays

Options
I am so glad I saw this new group;something I really need...fell off during my daughter's Wedding the end of October, got back on for awhile and then went off again for Thanksgiving...I feel like if I don't get a grip I will really gain some serious weight which I do not want to do because I know how hard it is to shed the pounds~:smile:

Replies

• mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is never really an issue for me... Christmas is the problem! I have it at my house every year and I love to cook and bake... Of course I just want to eat and try everything haha. I'm determined to hold back this year! I have come too far to go back to the way things used to be. Now I just have to hold steady with the thought of eggnog! We all have the right mindset, so let's all make sure we have the upper hand and NOT put on weight!!
  • jolynn42
    jolynn42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just started (again) on mfp....saw this group and decided to join and getting that extra motivation from others. I have 10 pounds to lose and knowing this isn't the best time to do it, but is there ever? My goal is to work at healthy eating...my biggest issue is eating enough...so always look forward to hearing some ideas on doing that. I am currenly finishing up chalean extreme (which I just love) and going to start turbo fire (hopefully next week)...looking forward to moving on to better eating and continued motivation!
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Just started (again) on mfp....saw this group and decided to join and getting that extra motivation from others. I have 10 pounds to lose and knowing this isn't the best time to do it, but is there ever? My goal is to work at healthy eating...my biggest issue is eating enough...so always look forward to hearing some ideas on doing that. I am currenly finishing up chalean extreme (which I just love) and going to start turbo fire (hopefully next week)...looking forward to moving on to better eating and continued motivation!

I did Chalean extreme here and there by tossing in the programs when I got bored, and am doing TurboFire now!! I'm sorta uncoordinated and my kids laugh at me, but it's still really fun!!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting up this group! I'll really need it this year, esp since I'm awaiting knee surgery (ACL reconstruction and meniscus tear) So workouts are being modified and I'm needing to be more careful with what I eat. I'm not waiting till December, I'm climbing back on the wagon starting tomorrow morning with a Dr Oz 3 day detox cleanse diet and then back to clean eating. So this was perfect timing to start this group :)