Anyone else have Leg swelling??

Options
Hi everyone,
Ive been on here for alittle while and I have an issue with my legs swelling all the way to my ankle..Now i know to watch my sodium, get my feet up above my heart when resting, exercise ect...Ive had my heart, liver,kindnies and all checked but nothing found..I was wondering if anyone else have this issue and can give some helpful advice? My weight loss is slow but I get bummed when I'm all swollen up and it says Ive gained 4 or 5 pounds..GRRRR HELP!!!

Replies

• Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    First - I would suggest you talk to your doctor (yes again) and find out what else you can do.

I would also start looking for patterns. Is it *every* day? most days? some days? If it is not every day, then what is different about the other days? Did you have certain foods in the past 24-48 hours? Did you have certain activities in the past 24-48 hours? Are you documenting how much time you spend feet elevated? how much time spent sitting (feet down)?

When you have a puzzle like this,it is a matter of looking at things systematically, from the most obvious to the least likely. This means lots of detective work and documenting everything. I found out there is a specific food I eat that 2 days later I get a spike on the scales. Every time. Even if I stay well under calorie goals and macros. It doesn't make sense, but I can document it and replicate it.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Great advice Pit! I would add if u r on blood pressure med that can make u swell my dr keeps me on a med to help with water retention but not all bp meds and water pills can go together so best to get drs advice I swell bad if I eat a lot of pasta or foods with a high sulfa content I am allergic to sulfa in certain meds also.
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    I take water pills for my BP (hydrochlorothiazide) and I do know if I eat something that is high in sodium and not pay attention to it, my hands will swell. I mean, my fingers already look like mini sausages! lol

I would definitely recommend seeing your doctor and verify it is a blood pressure thing and that you aren't at risk for getting blood clots.

<3