Getting through the Holidays...

Options
esta94510
esta94510 Posts: 14 Member
This next month is going to be a challenge. What's some of your best tips?:smile:

I found an article with 5 great tips..His Facebook is Kendrick Fitness.

1.) Pre-Party before the party- Snack on some healthy fats before leaving the house. Nuts, cheese, carrot w/hummus, greek yogurt w/walnuts, avocado/turkey sandwich. It will prevent you from overeating at the party.

2.) Adjust the plates size in December: Every one of my meals are eaten from a smaller plate during the month of December. Yes, it works! Portion control is key, try it!

3.) Chew some gum after you've had an appropriate serving of food at any Holiday party. It will prevent you from overeating.

4.) At the holiday party, hit up the healthy veggies and fruits before diving into the pies and egg nogs. Psychologically you'll eat less junk after initially making the healthy decision in the beginning of the party.

5.) Skip breakfast. Thats right, after a big holiday party feast, try skipping breakfast the next day (except coffee). After lunch, eat every 2-3 hours of small meals full in fiber and protein. Fasting will allow your body a chance to reset it's metabolic rate back to normal (not overeating normal), and pull energy/calories from body fat. (Great input from Fitness Expert/Lululemon Ambassador Daniel Sanidad)

Replies

• BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    Excellent tips!! Thank you :D
  • aprildcampbell
    aprildcampbell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great tips, I actually used smaller plates, last two days, mostly because the dishwasher had to run, then I had to emply it so I used small plates instead. But I can't do the gum chewing, I'm a tacky gum chewer, snapping it and such so I'll have to skip the gum chewing in public.
  • KB1127
    Options
    Great advice!
  • litebright33
    litebright33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is excellent!
  • litebright33
    litebright33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would also add that if you are going to a party, try to estimate and input your calories BEFORE you go to the party. Being aware of how quickly those calories add up is a good way to deter yourself from going back for food again and again.
  • LanaWessels
    Options
    These are really great tips- definitely implementing portion control with smaller plates this week!
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    See while I was swimming the coaches watched us like hawks at the social events to make sure we weren't over-eating :') I'm generally fine at parties because I still think if I eat too much of the wrong thing someone is going to walk over and take it off me :') probably while telling me to go to the pool early for extra training with the other 'over-eaters' :')