Doritos and Accountability

Options
The last few days have been stressful for me.
Last night I saw Doritios on TV and suddenly wanted some. I laughed at the product placement. So clever.
My boyfriend informed me that he had one of those small snack bags of them and if I wanted them I could have them.

I thought long and hard about it. I wanted the chips. I even had the laftover calories in my diary; I could have fit them in.

But I know how it goes. I wanted the chips because I was stressed and letting myself be sad about it.

If I had eaten them, I would have justified it and then eaten something else and then something else.

I knew I'd have to put it in my diary. I knew they wouldn't make me feel better.
I was so proud that I hadn't gone over my calories I didn't want to screw it up.

I know I have to look at my diary when I over eat. When I log my weight and see that it has gone up I know it's because I sat around eating chips all night.

I see that counting my calories and using MFP helps curb my urge to binge sometimes.

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Accountability is the hardest thing for me. I did WW Online a long time ago, and was famous for logging up until my point limit. Then stop logging, but not stop eating. Why did I do that? Like all the food after points just didn't count.

I'm making a real conscious effort here with staying true and logging everything, even if I go over my limit. So far it's helped me see just how much I was overeating before. Shocking, actually!

I'd love to lose the weight, but right now I'm concentrating on controlling the food, in a good way! Food has taken over my whole being, and I'm sick of it. I'm tired of being scared to eat! One meal at a time, I guess :)