62 with Diabetes type 2

Options
jmkmomm
jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
Hi, as I said above I fit your group! I need to lose about 75 pounds so that I can get rid of this diagnosis. My fasting blood sugars run around 105. I'm on Metformin. I don't cook at home though. i eat out all of the evening meals and try to eat good for the noon meals. I know I don't do this diabetic diet the right way. I sleep until 11 most mornings so I have only 2 main meals and then 2 good snacks. But I like to talk!

Replies

• Khicox
    Options
    I am happy you have joined my group. I was one who couldn't take Metformin. It did some nasty things to me. The insulin was way better and cleaner! Not all those chemicals that go into the pills. I drive 2 hrs away to see my endocrinologist. I just say him 2 days ago and I am just shocked as to how much support I get from him. I live in AL, he is in Nashville but wow what I doctor. I feel blessed to have him on my side. I am a medical assistant so I do understand both sides. Love to hear from you and thanks for joining my group!!:smile:
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    I was the one who pushed to get my diagnosis. I have only had one fasting blood sugar over 130 and it was just 133. Most of my fasting blood sugars are 100 to 110 but that is while I am on the Metformin. He put me on it quite a few years to help me 'curb my urge for carbs'. But I am obese and wanted more of an incentive to lose weight so I asked him if I was a diabetic. At first he said no since clinically it requires 2 fasting blood sugars over 130.. But when I reminded him that all those blood sugars were while I was on Metformin he said I was. So I may still may be just pre-diabetic. But it has helped me stick to a diet, even on Thanksgiving! I really need to get off the couch and do some excersise. To top it all off I have MS so I really do need to lose some weight. I'm glad you found a doctor you really respect although it is 2 hours away. A good doctor is everything
  • jmkmomm
    Options
    I finally lost some more weight. I don't know if I was on a plateau or the fact that my bowels weren't moving. But I got some Colace and everything is moving as normal now. And I have now lost 11 pounds. i found out that I had recorded my initial weight when I joined wrong. So i think I have everything working right nwo