I hate that I eat when I am bored or annoyed?

Options
Maiseyy
Maiseyy Posts: 28 Member
Does anyone have the same problem? if so how do you get over the urges?

Replies

• bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am stress and bored...annnoyed I lose my apetite.
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I used to eat when bored, not so much anymore. I just feel the need to chew something crunchy in the evenings, usually after dinner. When I used to eat a lot when bored, I'd ask myself if I was hungry before hand, if not, I didn't eat (it's hard, I know). Or I found something to do or ate something light like raw broccoli. I'm not a big fan of broccoli so it would put me off enough (after a few florets) that I just didn't wanna eat anymore because if I did it'd just be more broccoli. *blech* At the moment I'm using gum, we'll see how that goes.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Try to eat 5 small meals a day so that u eat when your hungry and not cause of other reasons at first may be tough so drink lots of water or chew gum till the next meal. Also if your bored then exercise and then you can eat more calories....hope this helps
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the same problem? if so how do you get over the urges?

Yes, I do! I have the problem while watching tv and/or reading. I try to replace those with exercise and that helps with the problem of eating when bored or while in front of the tv or reading.
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    I always want to snack while I'm chilling out on the couch and I'm on holidays atm so I spend most nights fighting my cravings. It doesn't help one of my trigger foods is chips and there are always chips in the house I'm living in!! :)
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm bad about doing it at night when I'm watching TV.....So I find things to keep my hands busy (cut coupons or crochet)
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've taken up playing the guitar. Means if I'm just sat in the house, I've got something to keep me entertained and keep my fingers busy. I soon find I've made it through the night without raiding the fridge!
  • MUSTLOSENOW55
    Options
    I could really use some help with the boredom eating. I don't have much going on in my life right now and sometimes I tell myself I have nothing to do but eat. Any other tips on how to deal with this?
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    I also have the same problem - I eat when Im really bored and sad, It is a really bad habbit to "eat your amotions" , but I still havnt gotten rid of it totally yet