hello!

Options
alucardd20
alucardd20 Posts: 39 Member
Hiya.

I am kind of new around here and i've been doing a low Calorie diet and decided that while its good to do, there is still to much cravings for me. I liked the Atkins diet in the past and I lost a lot of weight, problem was, that it was a bit too restrictive and I fell off the wagon and gained a lot back.

Recently I've found the Keto diet (http://www.reddit.com/r/keto) and I've been studying it, its similar but has more options. SO I am starting on monday. Anyone care to be friends?

Thanks!

Replies

• MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I started on Monday and according to my ketostix, I've got ketones goin :)
  • alucardd20
    Options
    Thanks! Will do. Ketostix never really work for me, I guess I am one of those people, as I've NEVER gotten a reading above... I think its "trace" ? But my Doctor said not to be concerned with the sticks, just be concerned with the results.
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've been doing keto since late June and absolutely love it! Don't worry about calorie counts the first week or 2,just get used to eating the right things then worry about the calories. Also, tweak your mfp settings to show net carbs because that's what matters more so then just carbs in general.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me too. I just started keto last week. I tried it a couple of years ago, but I wasn't quite as committed and educated as I am now. As for Ketostix, the only time they really work for me is first thing in the morning. Other than that I get "trace", I think because I'm drinking so much water throughout the dayl.
  • alucardd20
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've been doing keto since late June and absolutely love it! Don't worry about calorie counts the first week or 2,just get used to eating the right things then worry about the calories. Also, tweak your mfp settings to show net carbs because that's what matters more so then just carbs in general.

Didnt know you can do that? Will have to look.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You can also use the tips provided in this post: http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/ to add a pie chart to your daily summary so you can see it on your pc/mac.
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Atkins has also had an overhaul, including the cure for leg cramps :)