Elliptical

Ok. so i seem to be under my calories and going to the gym. i just cant seem to get the ball rolling on this weight loss plan. ive lost alot of weight before but gained it back. i have a very seditary job so that doesnt really help. The elliptical is my main form of cardio and i just feel i should stay on that for hours at a time. would that help?

Replies

• Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    My wife has a lot of success using the elliptical exclusively, personally I like to mix it up. One for muscle confusion but also to prevent it from getting boring. Without knowing what you are eating I don't know if it is hurting you. I have found the key to getting the right serving size is to measure everything. Use a food scale and measuring cups. Weight loss is simple math calories in - calories out. So for some reason either what you take in is more than you record or what you burn is less.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    WONDERING HOW YOU'RE DOING?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    I know this is an older post, but I do use the elliptical almost exclusively. However, I do use two different kinds at the local gym and because I travel, I end up on different machines all the time. It is good to mix it up.

And yes, calorie counts do tend to drive me to go longer and longer. But you can also work on increasing the resistance and speed/distance (just don't try to increase more than one at a time).