The UGH of these last few pounds... :/

jenny32373
jenny32373 Posts: 11 Member
I've had to lose big weight before... (over 40 lbs after each child was born...) I always grow impatient with these last 10 lbs... They take SO LONG TO COME OFF even when you're doing all of the right things...

I know a healthy pace for the loss is better in the long term but today I'm just feeling a bit impatient!!! =p

That's all. Rant over. :sad:

Replies

• BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    I totally agree. Each pound is a challenge...but it's still better than having more to lose. We'll make it!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Ditto. At least there can be consistent progress with measurements. The scale is just plain mean haha

Just keep going!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    i agree! hate the last 10!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    I have 7.5lb to go, the last 3.5 have come off really fast - it was the 5 before that which were horrendous!! Here's hoping the next 7.5 come off quick too.
  • I'm in the same boat....can't seem to lose the last 10 pounds of baby weight....I guess toddler weight since my daughter is now 14 months : (
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    I want to lose three. I'm losing an average of about .2 pounds a week! Going down though so that's what counts. And I bought a cute outfit today that I would never have worn ten pounds ago!
  • If I could lose a pound for every time I read one of these complaints... well, I wouldn't be on this forum that's for sure. 5 - 6 pounds would be nice. Just that last little bit of fatty-ness.

I have just in the past few days started doing weight training so hopefully that should make a difference. That's what everyone talks about anyway.
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Still frustrated with the lack of progress on the scale. Status quo for more than a week, and MFP tells me that I am under the allotted calorie count on most days.
    I wonder if they overestimate the calories burned in my various exercises?
  • I've been fighting these last few lbs for the past year and half. My body really likes to be in the upper 140's. I know I've made changes to my composition so I'm not that strung out about it but my-oh-my it's hard.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Still frustrated with the lack of progress on the scale. Status quo for more than a week, and MFP tells me that I am under the allotted calorie count on most days.
    I wonder if they overestimate the calories burned in my various exercises?
    I think general consensus is that the do. Lots of people only eat back half or maybe none of the exercise calories.
  • I have problems with awkward flab that I never have lost! My adult friends and others tell me I have fat left over from when I was a baby, but I swear it has grown since then, and I can't seem to get toned!!
    Also, arm flab is genetic in my mothers side of the family, so even though I'm slimmer, my arms are disproportional to the rest of my body.