Join the 10-week Valentines Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    Options
    I have been searching for a group for support and your message of "be kind to yourself" really speaks to me. I am much harsher on myself than I would be on my friends/family. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    Great posts everyone!! I have been gone all day and couldn't wait to get home to see who else has posts and who had joined!!

Welcome to all!! By the sounds of things, it seems that this challenge is a good choice for all of us in losing weight and focusing on our self-images too. And having a challenge does help to keep one accountable.

We're all here to be mfp buddies, cheering, and be supporters for one another!

As we all know, habit changing, weight loss, new life-style does not happen overnight, as much as we would like it to! Sometimes, it gets frustrating, tears may flow, just remember you can reach your goals and maintain the healthier life-style you deserve. But, it does take work, being responsible, honest with ourselves, accountability, and reflecting. Please just take one day at a time.

When you're motivated, life seems to be more fulfilling. Let's help one another to keep our motivation going!

I'm sure you all have read or heard before, " It takes 21 days to form a new, I would say a good habit" (it is easy to form bad ones) and we can add to that maybe another 2 weeks to say,"Yes, I've got this! So, break this journey down into one day at a time that will turn into weeks then into your victorious one month!

Well, I will get off of my high horse now. Hopefully, I am not sounding like a preacher. I just really one everyone of you to succeed in this challenge. I will leave you with this:

"High Achievement always take place in the frame-work of high expectation." Charles F. Kettering

"A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips." Author unknown
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    woah....This is the thing for which I's looking for.....Thank you so much for creating such group....
    And definitely I'm in....
    (P.S. sorry for my poor English)
  • misskimsi3bee
    Options
    I am definately excited to get started. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow...eeeek!! The 14th Feb is also me and my boyfriends anniversairy too, so that is a motivation already! :) x
  • NightWindEclipse
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Amy. I just signed up on the spreadsheet and joined this wonderful, supportive group. I look forward to being with you all during Dec, over the holidays, through Jan, & on into Feb. We can do this!!!! We can work together and be here for each other and we will succeed!!

Feb 15th is my 49th birthday. Not bad for someone who thought they were 47 for the most of this year. :blushing: I came to MFP on May 24, 2012 to lose weight for health related reasons. That's where my motivation comes from. The way I'd been living with eating & not exercising at all for a long while was sure going to kill me-- one way or another soon.

I was struggling over the last two months on here, not losing weight. I think this past week, I've finally turned that back around when I lost my Thanksgiving weight that I'd gained.

I look forward to supporting you all on your journey to Valentine's day & hope to be checking in regularly, as I hope some of you will be too.
    Amy in NE Florida
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined the group as well! This is my first time joining a group and I hope the added support, encouragement, and accountability will help keep me motivated over the holidays and New Year! Can't wait to get started :)

Michelle
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    This is SO exciting. I participated in a Halloween challenge and it really helped me stay motivated and accountable. I am part of another challenge right now but the lady that started the challenge has disappeared. I am not sure why. So this will really help me. I also love the positive vibe that is behind this challenge. I can't wait to start. I put my goal weight at 17 pounds under what I am now. That will put me at an even 170 pounds.
    I am a 34 year old mother of 3 ages 15, 13 and 10. I have an amazing boyfriend of 9 years. At my highest I weighed 217 pounds. That was one ear ago. I have been with MFP for 126 days. I have lost 19 pounds since joining and I LOVE it here. I can't wait to get this challenge rolling.

:happy:
  • serendipity513
    serendipity513 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm an MFP newbie and this challenge seems like the perfect thing to help me stay motivated, especially going through end of semester exams, Christmas and New Years! Exams period is always rough for me as all I do is sit around reading all day and then grab pizza and chips at our very unhealthy school cafeteria. Being a part of this group will hopefully give me pause before I reach for that junk food and motivate me to get up and exercise.
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I hope there is still room for one more. I would love to join. I need help in the motivation area and in the being nice to self area.
    Thanks
  • Newday69
    Newday69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am really excited to be part of this goup, I love the positive vide.
    I feel it is so easy to get down one ourself while trying to make major changes in our life, when really this is the time we need to be the most positive.
    I am just starting and this will be a great way for me to stay accountable, which is what I really need.
    thanks so much
  • quixotic84
    quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited about this! I'd love to get back to what I had lost this time last year AND keep it off!
  • prettygirl10308
    prettygirl10308 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to do this especially since I wont be doing it alone.:smile:
  • cannibaldoll
    cannibaldoll Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm still having trouble with the spreadsheet! I entered my info and its not their- how do I save it? It was there on week one when I entered my weight for week one and my starting weight was there but its no there anymore?