Constant Calf Pain

Options
lveh8lve
lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
So Im on W3D2. I know I have extremely tight calfs and I do have a torn ligament in my ankle and probably some scar tissue at this point in there (My ATFL, hasn't healed in years, nothing they can reasonably do for repair). I do regular calf stretches 3 -4 times a day and I have been before I started the program. But when I run the muscle just locks up and it's very painful. I've asked a few trainers and they just keep telling me to stretch, but at what point should this stop happening? I've really been running through the pain and can only jog at 4 - 4.2 on the treadmill. And it hurts, really hurts. Anyone else have this issue??

Replies

• tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This happened to me for several weeks at the beginning. I found that slowly walking about 1 mile before doing my C25k workout helped get my calves loosened up enough to run. Your calves will strengthen eventually. There's no magical amount of time this "should" improve by. Everyone's fitness level is unique.

Also, make sure you are very hydrated and eat a significant amount of protein because it will help your muscles.

Lastly, slow down your jog. Don't push too hard as to not cause more injury, and repeat weeks if necessary.

I hope you find relief soon.

ETA: shoes, proper running shoes from a bonafide running store are a must