Female Orgasms

Prahasaurus
Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
Interesting findings on female orgasms:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4111360.stm
In women, turning off fear and anxiety is key....

But with genuine orgasm, he said: "What we see is an extreme deactivation of large portions of the brain and especially the emotional parts involved with fear.

OK, that makes sense. Women need to relax... But this was rather surprising:
When they gave the couples socks to wear, about 80% of the couples were able to achieve orgasm compared with 50% previously in this staged environment.

Key takeaways:

1 - Make her feel protected if you want her to reach orgasm

2 - Keep her feet warm

--P

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Socks??? OMFG!!!! :laugh:

Not read it yet.............but I thought it was MEN that didnt take their sox off!!! :smokin:
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member

Not read it yet.............but I thought it was MEN that didnt take their sox off!!! :smokin:

That's why we always cum... ;-)

--P
  • AnnaPixie

That's why we always cum... ;-)

--P

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! gotcha!!! :laugh:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    I read the thing about the socks in a magazine before.... I didn't think about it having anything to do with anxiety, though.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Cold feet? Dang I knew I wasn't rubbing in the right places... :grumble: :laugh:
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    haha very nice find on the socks :P
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    all i can envision is laying in the MRI machine..... and it's FREEZING in that room! LOL

i wouldn't even know HOW to fake an orgasm. do you just moan and scream a lot???

why fake one??
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    Interesting and perhaps not all that far fetched.

Many times here and elsewhere ladies have mentioned that bad toenails or other foot related appearance issues are a turn off.
    Not talking fetish stuff here either but it would seem women take notice of this where as a guy (think most guys will agree) if there is a naked woman in the room with me I probably am not aware she even has feet.

If so then it makes sense she is more relaxed with hers covered thinking it may be the same thing with guys.

Maybe just one of those correlation does not equal cause things too.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    I can relate to the safe thing..only men I have cum with I felt that they actually cared about me when I looked in their eyes..so I felt safe and could let go, 2 times in 35 years..I hope my statistics get better someday.
    As for the socks thing...I don't get it. I think feet shouldn't be covered up and they are part of the sensual experience. don't cover them with socks..if you want to warm them up by all means massage :)
  • AnnaPixie
    If so then it makes sense she is more relaxed with hers covered thinking it may be the same thing with guys.

I would NOT feel more relaxed with sox on!!! :laugh: But then, I dont have issues with my feet :bigsmile: In fact, the easiest way to relax me would be to start with my feet and work upwards :love:
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    I hate wearing socks.
    But the comfort thing is proving true. Funny enough though....my version of comfort sexually is probably a little different than some women. My comfort doesn't increase depending on the length of relationship or how often I have been with that person. It doesn't depend on the quality of the relationship at all. It is straight off..I need to know that I won't intimidate, frighten or turn off someone, that they appreciate my body and love my mind. Basically, I need to know he has zero hangups and is dirtier than me. That is when I can let go, really. This has proven more easy to achieve with fwb/one time things than in a relationship for me..which is a bit sad.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    "Women can imitate orgasm quite well."

Yeah... right...
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member

Yeah... right...

If I wanted to...Oscar worthy!!!
    But I don't bother... anymore.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Strange this topic should come up because only yesterday a woman told me that a key to her climaxing well is to feel safe, comfortable and accepted. I guess all of that should go without saying but it seems a lot of women DON'T feel particularly comfortable or accepted when they have sex or emotionally safe.

As for the sock thing? No thanks... I don't think there are many things less sexy than socks on a man OR woman while they have sex.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Yeah... right...
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgasm

Orgasm is the sudden discharge of accumulated sexual tension during the sexual response cycle, resulting in rhythmic muscular contractions in the pelvic region characterized by an intense sensation of pleasure.
    Experienced by males and females, orgasms are controlled by the involuntary or autonomic nervous system.
    They are often associated with other involuntary actions, including muscular spasms in multiple areas of the body, a general euphoric sensation and, frequently, body movements and vocalizations are expressed. The period after orgasm (known as a refractory period) is often a relaxing experience, attributed to the release of the neurohormones oxytocin and prolactin.

Some women exhibit a sex flush, a reddening of the skin over much of the body due to increased blood flow to the skin. As a woman nears orgasm, the clitoral glans moves inward under the clitoral hood, and the labia minora (inner lips) become darker. As orgasm becomes imminent, the outer third of the vagina tightens and narrows, while overall the vagina lengthens and dilates and also becomes congested from engorged soft tissue. Elsewhere in the body, myofibroblasts of the nipple-areolar complex contract, causing erection of the nipples and contraction of the areolar diameter, reaching their maximum at the start of orgasm. The uterus then experiences a series of between 3 and 15 muscular contractions. A woman experiences full orgasm when her uterus, vagina, *kitten*, and pelvic muscles undergo a series of rhythmic contractions. Most women find these contractions very pleasurable.

:wink: I have no doubt, however, that you can "simulate" some bits of it!
  • Carl01
    Yeah... right...

Orgasm is the sudden discharge of accumulated sexual tension during the sexual response cycle, resulting in rhythmic muscular contractions in the pelvic region characterized by an intense sensation of pleasure.
    Experienced by males and females, orgasms are controlled by the involuntary or autonomic nervous system.
    They are often associated with other involuntary actions, including muscular spasms in multiple areas of the body, a general euphoric sensation and, frequently, body movements and vocalizations are expressed. The period after orgasm (known as a refractory period) is often a relaxing experience, attributed to the release of the neurohormones oxytocin and prolactin.

Some women exhibit a sex flush, a reddening of the skin over much of the body due to increased blood flow to the skin. As a woman nears orgasm, the clitoral glans moves inward under the clitoral hood, and the labia minora (inner lips) become darker. As orgasm becomes imminent, the outer third of the vagina tightens and narrows, while overall the vagina lengthens and dilates and also becomes congested from engorged soft tissue. Elsewhere in the body, myofibroblasts of the nipple-areolar complex contract, causing erection of the nipples and contraction of the areolar diameter, reaching their maximum at the start of orgasm. The uterus then experiences a series of between 3 and 15 muscular contractions. A woman experiences full orgasm when her uterus, vagina, *kitten*, and pelvic muscles undergo a series of rhythmic contractions. Most women find these contractions very pleasurable.

Well that kind of ruins it for some reason.:ohwell:

God it is nice to be a guy in this respect. :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie

Golly, I nearly came reading that!!!! :laugh:

I'd say my average muscular contraction is between 8 and 11!! Am I the only person that counts?? :laugh:

I've involuntarily cried before. Yep! And I've known a guy to cry too!!

Great stuff! Thanks for that Flo.... :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Yeah... right...

Ruins the acting, or the intercourse or the orgasm?? TMI for you Carl?
  • Carl01
    Yeah... right...

Ruins the acting, or the intercourse or the orgasm?? TMI for you Carl?

It just seems far too complicated in comparison. :ohwell:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member

As for the sock thing? No thanks... I don't think there are many things less sexy than socks on a man OR woman while they have sex.

One of my favorite costumes to wear for sex are my soccer retro tube socks.

Only the socks.

:smokin:

I've never had a complaint.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Yeah... right...

Glorious orgasms!!
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member

Some women exhibit a sex flush, a reddening of the skin over much of the body due to increased blood flow to the skin.

I read that this is the reason that blush on a woman is attractive. Like an innate sort of thing... When a guy sees rosy cheeks, it's equated with orgasms.

Might not be true, but I thought it was interesting.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    And I've known a guy to cry too!!

Ugh. Gross.
  • Maybe it's just me. But, I'd feel pretty self conscious only wearing socks. I'm always cold since I lost weight however, if I'm cold during sex (FYI never happened before, usually pretty hot & steamy) then there's more of an issue than my "cold feet". If any body part was cold, hands, feet, whatever, it could be a distraction. But I'd rather get under a blanket than be naked wearing socks. Just awkward to me.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Maybe it's just me. But, I'd feel pretty self conscious only wearing socks. I'm always cold since I lost weight however, if I'm cold during sex (FYI never happened before, usually pretty hot & steamy) then there's more of an issue than my "cold feet". If any body part was cold, hands, feet, whatever, it could be a distraction. But I'd rather get under a blanket than be naked wearing socks. Just awkward to me.

I have nothing to add but I just looked at your photos and wow! What a weight loss! :)
  • I have nothing to add but I just looked at your photos and wow! What a weight loss! :)

Thank you! :D
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    I have hashimoto's thyroid, and my body temp is usually about 96, so I am all about socks (collect cute knee high pairs). This is good information, I struggle getting there occasionally : (
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Maybe it's just me. But, I'd feel pretty self conscious only wearing socks. I'm always cold since I lost weight however, if I'm cold during sex (FYI never happened before, usually pretty hot & steamy) then there's more of an issue than my "cold feet". If any body part was cold, hands, feet, whatever, it could be a distraction. But I'd rather get under a blanket than be naked wearing socks. Just awkward to me.

I have nothing to add but I just looked at your photos and wow! What a weight loss! :)

Agree. You look great.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Most men won't be doing brain scans on women to find out about her orgasm afterwards.

I agree that relaxation is a key part of the whole process.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 675 Member
    lol, women in socks during sex? Why couldn't they give them something sexy like Thigh highs, those are really hot in bed! For me I am cold because MN is a cold place and I wear thigh high socks and those are really sexy and warm and great for a last minute get together. Plus relaxing is definitly key.