tendonitis

mhoup
mhoup Posts: 39 Member
Really want to start the program, but currently dealing with elbow tendonitis, so have been modifying my work outs to let the elbow heal...grrrrrrr!!! I am an OT and have lots of therapist friends who are helping me treat myself, but the best thing to do is rest and ice. Anybody else have an injury setback and how did you deal with it?

Replies

• susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Hi there! I have had pain in my elbow also when working out - from poor form before I started this program. I'm not sure if it was tendonitis like you but it was painful when I did certain workouts (chest press, tricep pull downs). I found doing this program (especially stage 1) built up all the muscles around my elbow which eventually has taken away all the pain. So I'm not sure if the same thing will happen to you but I hope the pain goes away!

Also, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders so I would say don't push yourself too hard at first, try lower weights and gradually build yourself up to higher ones. You know your capacity and when to stop. Take your rest days and make sure you stretch. That's what got me to the point I am at now. Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mhoup
    mhoup Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks! I may try some lower weights and see how the elbow reacts!