am i too untrusting and jaded to date?

Options
2»

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I feel I trust you until you give me a reason not to. I live in a happy land where we are all nice (besides the obvious jerks) and we treat each other well.
    This... because, frankly, what are the consequences when someone lies to you early on? There are usually no important consequences, if you are not getting ahead of yourself so you can just let the other person go.

After some time spent with someone - of course lies will have a much higher importance. But then again shouldn't you detect or at least be suspicious someone is lying to you if you've been with them for a longer time?

Yes....all of that ^^^
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to be one way or the other? You don't have to decide if you trust someone or not right when you start dating them. Obviously you should be a little cautious but at the same time don't blame somebody for something someone else did. Just get to know them and have fun with them. You don't have to give them the key to your house (or your heart).
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I will go into any relationship trusting a man until he gives me reason not to trust him. Yes, I've been burned. But, I will not hold a man accountable for something that my ex-husband or an ex-boyfriend has done to me. Just as I will not allow him to judge me based on what his ex has done to him.

Yep! This, entirely! :bigsmile:

And I join Diana's 'HAPPY LAND'!! Awesome!!! :laugh:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

Yep! This, entirely! :bigsmile:

And I join Diana's 'HAPPY LAND'!! Awesome!!! :laugh:

I agree Roadie....I'm not saying that it's all rainbows and butterflies....I'm just saying that I won't go into it looking for the worst to happen.

Anna - I am joining you in Diana's HAPPY LAND today! And, I love that I now know how to pronounce it... so, Deeawna's Happy Land sounds way cooler) :laugh:
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I definitely live in "happy land"!

We are all so scared of being hurt...aren't we.
    Being hurt is an experience and unfortunately, part of life. Happily though, it is something to learn and grow from also. I try and look at each new person and each new relationship as an experience and an opportunity to enjoy or learn. I can only really go into things openly and with trust...or there would be no point. It can be hard, but I find it helpful to try and look at men objectively sometimes...outside my own feelings or what effect they might have on me. I often end up feeling kind of sorry for them that they don't know how to treat people properly, or really love someone.

Getting outside of my own emotions and hurts to really see someone helps me remember who I am...if that makes sense.
    And I choose to be a trusting, caring, take chances type of person.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    For example, I'm dating pilot. He texts mostly everyday and calls too but he's not as attentive as I have had other guys be but for some reason, I trust him.

He probably quite busy, you know.......... flying planes.

If he was texting 24/7 I would be worried for peoples safety