Do People Forget?

Options
ragslittle
ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
I wonder if people forget that I have had WLS. Now they only see the hard work that I have done and now I am beginning to think that they are starting to forget how big I used to be. Don't get me wrong I am glad they are forgetting the old me and looking at me normally now. Just kinda wierd. Anyone else experienced this???

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to see this a little bit now, mostly with co-workers who see me regularly. I like that the change in perception is changing the focus of conversation from how much I've lost to workout routines, health foods, shopping, and other seemingly normal topics. It does surprise me how easy we can forget, even comparing last years family photo from this years my husband I have a hard time remember just how big I had gotten with the picture right in front of us.
  • hathor1943
    hathor1943 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. My close friends now say that they can't remember me at my pre-op weight. I carry my old drivers license with me to show them. They are amazed that I have lost so much . You yourself will start to forget how you looked before surgery. I hate to say this but when I see my before picture I get disqusted. I really didn't realize how heavy I was. That may sound lame but it is true. When I go out with my friends and we walk past a store front and I see myself in the window, I am amazed that it is me, I still find it hard to believe.. I thank God everyday that I had the courage to have the surgery when my family and a lot of friends were against it.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yes. Most people will forget that you were big.
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    People have forgotten that I was big and it really annoys me when the "always" thin people start talking about bigger people in my presence....ughh, I am still a fatty at heart LOL