List!!

Options
mdb543
mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
Make a list today of all the things you did RIGHT. I want to see you guys give yourself a compliment! Lots of them in fact. What are you proud of yourself for doing? What triggers did you face that you didn't give in to? Make a list!

~Remember weight loss/ getting in shape is your goal, but what good is that if you don't build YOU up too?!

Replies

• lindoussa
    Options
    1. I did lost of research and learned that mfp is telling me to eat less calories that I should. Still don't know how to change that here though?
    2. Avoided eating muffins with the kids this morning :)
    3. Did a P90X video 2 days in a row!
    4. MOST IMPORTANTLY I didn't wait for my DH to work out for me to decide I should too! I did it ON MY OWN!!!

So far so good today :)
  • mdb543
    Options
    1. I did lost of research and learned that mfp is telling me to eat less calories that I should. Still don't know how to change that here though?
    4. MOST IMPORTANTLY I didn't wait for my DH to work out for me to decide I should too! I did it ON MY OWN!!!

I ran into that problem too with MFP and I have no idea how to change that either! If anyone has any advice, let us know!! How are you liking P90X? I have done the program twice now and LOVED my results!!
  • tbullock11
    tbullock11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know how to change your calories. If you go to setting on the top of the webpage, Then click on goals (will apear below your tabs), then change goals, and the select custom :-)

Postive list:
    -Someone brought doughnuts and cookies in to work today and I sit in the main office which is where they put them and i haven't had any!
  • lindoussa
    Options

I ran into that problem too with MFP and I have no idea how to change that either! If anyone has any advice, let us know!! How are you liking P90X? I have done the program twice now and LOVED my results!!

I am not really doing the "program" per say. I am just picking out the cardio ones and doing them. I had Insanity, but can't find it anywhere :( boo!
  • lindoussa
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know how to change your calories. If you go to setting on the top of the webpage, Then click on goals (will apear below your tabs), then change goals, and the select custom :-)

Postive list:
    -Someone brought doughnuts and cookies in to work today and I sit in the main office which is where they put them and i haven't had any!

OMGosh I love you for this!!! THANK YOU, thank you, thank you!
  • mdb543
    Options
    Ok the change really will make my calorie counting A LOT easier lol!! Thank you so much!!
  • tbullock11
    tbullock11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome!
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    - Even though the weekend was a bust, I still lost 1.8 lbs. :)
    - I am focused on my water intake today.
    - I am pushing to get out of the office today so I can give blood tonight.
    - ...... and then hopefully join the gym too!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I decided to start following a different calculator dependent on how much I work out a week, most of us are moderate, and take off about 20% calorie reduction to see what I should be eating on workout days. When I log my exercise calories, I just say I worked out and 1 calorie burned since I already factored in my Total Daily Energy Expenditure to include my activity level. I found since doing so, I'm actually eating a bit more calories (300-400) daily and I started losing weight again when I had been stuck for 6 weeks based on what MFP told me. I like this calculator cause it also told me my Basal Metabolic Rate (lowest calorie one should go if they are not active) so I have a more general idea of what to work with. Then I changed my daily food calories to manually setting my goals. It's a bit more work, but so far it's working (knock on wood) http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ For every 5 lbs you lose, you should redo the calculator to adjust accordingly.

Also, I decided to make a daily chart and notes so that I could see a spread sheet overtime and not get frustrated with the scale when I go up 2lbs or down, plus it helps me to pin point my weak days :) Someone on here made this one and I've been using, simple enough, though I'm sure there are better spread sheets out there https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet

Today:
    I got my workout in first thing instead of hoping to fit it in later
    Getting my water in
    Sticking to eating clean
    Made it a priority to have some time to enjoy outdoors, unseasonal warm day
    Made sure to have 15 minutes of quiet time to just well, start the day peaceful rather than chaotic :)
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My son works at an Italian restaurant, and he brought home some cheesecake. He left me half of his piece with a sweet note. I ate two bites, savored them, and threw the rest away. :heart:
  • mjwarford
    mjwarford Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I went for a run in rain before work so I wouldn't blow it off later in the day.
    I also was out doing errands at lunch passing by several really good and really high calorie places to eat I managed to drive home for lunch instead. I even passed by my favorite bakery that makes the best cupcakes and brownies you have ever tasted. She-Ra willpower day.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I decided to start following a different calculator dependent on how much I work out a week, most of us are moderate, and take off about 20% calorie reduction to see what I should be eating on workout days. When I log my exercise calories, I just say I worked out and 1 calorie burned since I already factored in my Total Daily Energy Expenditure to include my activity level. I found since doing so, I'm actually eating a bit more calories (300-400) daily and I started losing weight again when I had been stuck for 6 weeks based on what MFP told me. I like this calculator cause it also told me my Basal Metabolic Rate (lowest calorie one should go if they are not active) so I have a more general idea of what to work with. Then I changed my daily food calories to manually setting my goals. It's a bit more work, but so far it's working (knock on wood) http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ For every 5 lbs you lose, you should redo the calculator to adjust accordingly.

Thanks for posting this. I haven't lost weight the past 2 weeks and I figure its because I am not eating enough. Based on that calculator, I am supposed to get almost 2,000 cal/day. I am barely making 1,200 total BEFORE exercising. I am going to have to start eating more. Never thought that would be a problem LOL
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The TDEE it shows is to maintain, so hopefully you set your goals to factor in the 20%. I still eat a wee bit under (100-150 cals) cause I have found most calculators tend to be conservative. So far it's working, so I'll take it, plus I've just been so much happier and having more energy having those extra calories (though I try to use them in healthy ways).