New to Group, but not new to addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome! i am an compulsive overeater, been in OA since 2005...some periods of recovery and loss, some of relapse and return to disease. currently abstinent a little over a month.
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Went to to another meeting tonight! We have only had a Thursday night meeting for as many years as I can remember and tonight I was blessed with "checking out" the new meeting and it was AWESOME!! A speaker meeting, the speaker was amazing.

Interestingly enough, when I "checked out" of OA in 1996 it was right after the retreat -- returning now, we've just had the retreat. Ain't it funny how life works? LOL

Gotta Love HP!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • dawnellis0613
    dawnellis0613 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, when I found OA, I was in the mall, looking at the poster board. I grabbed a slip from the tear sheet they had, emailed the group. I attended my first meeting that week. I didnt know a single person, but after the meeting, I couldnt remember all their names.

Local groups are so wonderful. No judgements, No pressure, Nothing. They are there to support you in any way you want or need them too. You will never regret attending a meeting. I have never missed a meeting since I started except for out of town doctors appointments. I look forward to my Tuesday night meetings. I am usually the first one there. You may feel out of place the first time you go, but the second time, its like being home. We all hug each other as we leave the meetings, keep in contact with each other through text messages and phone calls.

Not once have I regretted my decision to attend my first meeting. :flowerforyou:
  • julesoa
    julesoa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, and welcome if you are new here :)
    I have been a member of OA since November 2011 in a local UK meeting on Thursday nights. This week we started a new meeting on a Monday morning in a different area of the city. Wonderful to have 2 meetings. Every meeting I learn something, hear something I need to hear, share my story with someone else and always come away feeling glad I went. Today I am remembering that acceptance of 'life on life's terms' is what I need and that I don't need to eat to feel better about anything or any situation.