Emergency restaurant List

Options
I'm aware the easiest way to eat clean is to make your own meals.
But you know those days where you would just rather go to some fast food place and pick up food ?
Or your christmas party is at a "not so clean" restaurant?

I'm proposing that we compile a list!! For example, the cleanest fast food you could eat, the cleanest meal you can order at such and such restaurant? I know I would find this extremely helpful!!

So to start us off ...

Healthiest Starbucks Drinks
Brewed Black Coffee or Tea – Best Choice Overall
The basic cup of Starbucks joe has 5 calories (and a whopping 330mg of caffeine).

Hot Tea – without milk, sugar, or honey — is zero (yup, zero) calories.

Hot Espresso Beverages – Better Choices
Regular Espresso (1 ounce shot) or Espresso Macchiato (adds steamed nonfat milk foam)
5 calories, 75mg caffeine

Cappuccino with Nonfat Milk
80 cal, no fat, 90mg sodium, 10g sugar, 8g protein, 150mg caffeine

Caffè Latte with Nonfat Milk
130 calories, no fat, 150mg sodium, 18g sugar, 13g protein, 150mg caffeine

Hot Espresso Beverages – Worst Choices
The info below is with nonfat milk and no whipped cream. Getting them with 2% milk and whipped cream adds 12g of fat and 110 calories.

Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha
430 cal, 5g sat fat, 7g total fat, 230mg sodium, 75g sugar, 14g protein, 150mg caffeine

White Chocolate Mocha
350 cal, 4.5g sat fat, 6g total fat, 240mg sodium, 58g sugar, 15g protein, 150mg caffeine

Peppermint Mocha
280 cal, 0.5g sat fat, 3g total fat, 120mg sodium, 49g sugar, 12g protein, 175mg caffeine

Dark Cherry Mocha
270 cal, 1.5g sat fat, 2.5g total fat, 115mg sodium, 49g sugar, 12g protein, 175mg caffeine
(http://www.eatingrules.com/2010/05/starbucks-drinks-healthy-options/)

Replies

• ArolinaCay
    ArolinaCay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! I love eating out SO much and it is very hard for me to give up (I haven't) and am often times able to find something fairly clean when I am out. I went to Red Robin last night and was pleasantly surprised to find so many healthy and clean choices.

Best meal option in my opinion:
    Grilled Chicken Sandwich - Lettuce Wrapped instead of Bread, No Mayo (Includes Red Onion, Lettuce, Tomato, and Pickles)
    Side of Steamed Broccoli
    Water

Super Tasty, HEALTHY, Clean and Low Calorie! (:
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I know I'm so bad for eating out... But I hate cooking for just me and my boyfriends never home.....
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    This is not as detailed as yours but I like to get an Unwich at Jimmy John's or a smal Sonoma Turkey flat bread and a cup of soup at Quizno's. Also, Taco Del Mar has lots of choices for under 500 cals that are cleaner than most places. Check out all the options. It's a lot for a fast food restaurant:

http://www.tacodelmar.com/pdf/nutrition/TDM Chart New Market 500 Calories Revised 8-24-12.pdf