A Year From Now

Options
mdb543
mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
How will your life be different in a year from now? It's important to keep on track of what your goals truly are. When you visualize a new you, a new life, you motivate yourself to keep pushing towards your wants even on bad days. We all have our "off" days but it's important that if we fall of the wagon, to get right back up and keep going. You don't want to sit here next year and say you should have just stuck with your goals because now you are right back at where you started. For me, I have lost a lot of weight this past year. I don't have any more weight to lose, but I want to be completely toned and work on maintaining that for next year. I have struggled this past year not just with weight loss, but also financially and being a depressed mom. You can't change your surroundings, but you can change how you handle each obstacle that comes your way. Being depressed for years, I finally took the plunge to do something about getting my life on the right track. With that being said, I'm taking the bull by the horns and working on being financially free, a better mom and wife. I want to be the person other people can look for inspiration within and do the same for their family and life. Weight loss will get you the freedom you desire personally with added confidence, but you have to look at all aspects of your life and correct them. Most people put on un-needed weight because they simply get into a rut and feel the need to eat and not workout. It's a terrible downward spiral from there. So lets not just focus on how your life will be different in a year from now weight wise, lets focus on all aspects on how you let your life get into that downward spiral to ensure that we don't go there again once we reach our weight loss goals!

Replies

• lindoussa
    Options
    Thank you so much for this! I was really needing to hear this after a horrible night with the baby, a headache, AF, and just feeling blah, I was almost certain I was not going to workout today. Reading this gave me what I needed to say, NO, I will make it today and workout because I will never get to my goal if I do this every time I just don't feel good.

Thank you so much!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    A year from now I want to still be on my healthy journey physically, mentally and financially. This past year I have changed jobs, cracked down on debt, implemented healthy food and beverages changes that now just come naturally and a fitness routine that I love.

So in a year from now I want to see the results of these efforts in my bank account/debt level, physical appearance and mental state. I have overcome a lot of heartache with my family the past 2 years and since taking control of my life in the past 6 months I feel better about myself and where my life is headed that I have in a long time.

I do wish for one thing that may not happen, but a year from now I would love to find that the weight loss has helped with my fertility issues and that we are able to get pregnant, it is a long shot, but I still have hope.....that being said I have been dealing better with this issue in our lives as a result of the changes that I have made to myself and hope to still be able to have a positive outlook if it doesn't happen.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    A year from now, I hope to be 100% recovered from surgery. I know going into this that it's going to be a slow and painful recovery (Docs say about 9 months), so I've been using these last two months to mentally (and emotionally) prepare myself for this challenge. I will tell you one thing, I will never take my body for granted again and one year from now, I'm going to be living it up and being as active as I can!

I also hope to be in a much more healing place (I lost a child years back), although I've already come a long way, but I still have some things to work through. Biggest mistake in the beginning was trying to work around the issue, which meant after awhile just trying to be better, especially for the sake of everyone else. It wasn't until a 2 years back that I realized that just made things worse for me and it was starting to show. Now I am working through the issues, as painful as it was, and I'm coming out finally healing :)

I have had some time for reflection since being down with this injury and I realize that happiness isn't something when you reach this or get that, it's right here, each and every day. So I've been trying to stay focused on the good I'm doing today to help me grow into becoming a better person tomorrow. By living in the present, I've let go of a lot of fears and anxiety and just live my life as if I'm already that woman and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I'm happier :)
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    well, a year ago i was approximately this same weight. the difference was i wore at least a size bigger. and that is because i wasn't as toned as i am now.

so my goal for a year from now is to have a lower body fat percentage, work on lifting heavier weights, and keep up with running. i would be ok with being the same weight if my body changed in other positive ways.
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    A year from now I want to way my ideal goal of 122 pounds and I want to be very toned. I enjoy when people come to me and say cecy you look awesome!! What are you doing to look so good? I love those comments. But most of all I want to do it for myself. I am already down to 131 so I have a few more to go except everytime I want to lose weight I come to a halt when I am almost there. I kind of give up. But this time it won't be like that. This time I will reach my goal and I will maintain it for years to come. I also want to be less in debt. Debt isn't all that bad so I don't mind being in a little debt. I also want to have my own place. We currently live with my mom and its very convenient for me becuase if I need to go to the corner store to buy a gallon of milk I can leave the baby with my mom. I also want to be in a better position when it comes to work. I have been working in a law firm for almost 7 years now but I can never go higher so I have been thinking of changing careers. A teacher.

That is where I plan to be next year. I thank you for this forum becuase now that I have thought about it I can make it happen.

Thank you.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my goals fairly short term, otherwise I get discouraged. A year ago, I weighed slightly less, but not by much. I had been trying to lose weight, but it never really stuck with me. I had done P90X and it failed me. That's when I started gaining weight. A year from today I would like to be at least 20lbs lighter and much more toned. I feel like this time, I mean business. I refuse to let anything stop me. The main difference though is that I am doing it for me. So that I can be a happier, more positive person.