Phase Two Week 3&4 Work outs 7 & 8

JDPerryvas
JDPerryvas Posts: 12 Member
OMG...that's about all I can say about work out 7& 8...

I am a little upset and am keeping with the schedules and work outs but I am not following her diet meal plan I am eating 1200-1300 calories a day and am trying to keep the deficit seperate so I dont end up eating my work out lol
I havent lost any pounds but I have noticed that I am more toned then before so I am hoping my "fat" is starting to turn into muscle...
Today was day 40!

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Sooo hard! I just finished W8 for the second time. It didn't get easier... It's not doing much for my weight either, but I feel stronger and have last inches. Looking forward to remeasuring after next week.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    OT: fat does not turn in to muscle, its two completly different types of tissue. Common missconception but worth correcting so it doesnt spread.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    So you're eating only 1200-1300 calories per day and doing BR? You're not losing because you're not fueling properly!

The whole "fat to muscle" thing is a myth. A woman who lifts heavy weight and eats at a calorie SURPLUS is not likely to gain more than 1/2 pound of muscle in a month. You aren't likely to gain any muscle at all with Jillian's programs. Even she states that her program are for cardio and "toning". Basically, you're supposed to lose fat, so the muscle you have becomes more visible.

To determine your calorie needs, go here:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Use the "lightly active" modifier. No one who is exercising should ever claim to be sedentary.
  • JDPerryvas
    JDPerryvas Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions and knowledge now I can tell someone else that Fat DOES NOT turn into muscle lol.
    I can definitely see more toned areas and I'm happy. I am also doing kettlebell crossfit exercises so that may be contributing to the fat loss too. Her suggested meal plan has a calorie intake of 1200 daily which you can modify if needed...fat 2 fit website suggests I eat 1920 calories a day...
    I'm a little scared to raise my calorie intake by 500-600 calories...it's worth a try...what will it hurt!
    Today was day 42, second time doing work out 7 and my triceps are feeling it...they always feel it though lol

January 31st will be my 90th day.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions and knowledge now I can tell someone else that Fat DOES NOT turn into muscle lol.
    I can definitely see more toned areas and I'm happy. I am also doing kettlebell crossfit exercises so that may be contributing to the fat loss too. Her suggested meal plan has a calorie intake of 1200 daily which you can modify if needed...fat 2 fit website suggests I eat 1920 calories a day...
    I'm a little scared to raise my calorie intake by 500-600 calories...it's worth a try...what will it hurt!
    Today was day 42, second time doing work out 7 and my triceps are feeling it...they always feel it though lol

January 31st will be my 90th day.

I'm 4.6 pounds below my goal weight. I got there eating 1,800 (I'm 5'4", 36 yo, 130 pounds) calories per day and doing Body Revolution. I love Jillian, but unfortunately her nutrition guidelines are way off. If you listen to her Podcasts you will even hear her say she eats way more than that and she recommends a higher intake to her callers as well. You can try increasing by 20% every couple of weeks until you get to where you need to be.

I'm onto P90X now and considering increasing to 2,000. My weight has stayed pretty stable since increasing my weight lifting, but my body fat is still dropping. All that fat must be morphing into muscle :laugh:

Tell your "someone" that fat doesn't turn into muscle, but you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, resulting in a fairly stable scale weight. Your weight can be stable, but your body composition can change drastically.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    I don't think most people on here really believe fat turns into muscle, but you can certainly replace fat with muscle. And you certainly gain muscle mass doing these workouts or at least I do.