30 Day Shred

Options
Hello there! anyone else doing the 30 Day Shred? I thought I'd make a topic where we can share our likes/dislikes, difficulties and questions about it. :)

I'm on Day 4 of Level 1 and personally, I have a hard time with the arm exercises, mostly the lift that's coupled with the side lunges and the push ups. I find that I can't go very far down on the push ups because I can't get back up, and frankly I don't know if I'm even doing them right. I do them on my knees because my core isn't strong enough for the full version yet, but I feel like my arms are not spaced properly and that they're too far out in front of me as I end up pushing up at an angle in stead of straight up. I have yet to find a spacing that's really comfortable and when I try to reposition so that I push straight up, I find that I get stuck and can't go down let alone up. As for the anterior lifts, I've been ditching the weights near the end of the second set (not as big a deal)

I also have pain in my shins during the cardio (with exception to the punches since you don't move your feet). I still manage to get all the way through it, but sometimes it's just too much.

What about you guys? Anyone else having some difficulties with the 30 Day Shred or have any suggestions for mine?

Replies

• orkilatrish
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level 1 and I find that my feet cramp during the cardio section. I am planning on getting to a good running store and see if it's a shoe issue though since my feet seem to be rolling outward more than they ought to.

I am finding that my quads and glutes are incredibly sore pretty much all the time now, so I suppose that might be the new normal for me, but it does seem to be working... I did have to take a day off though because I was hobbling around like an 80 year old woman the other day and couldn't even think about doing a lunge or squat.

Anyone else irritated by her attitude of smug swagger? I find the trash talking of her "best girls" at the beginning pretty off putting and sometimes her encouragement just feels like bullying. I guess that works to motivate some folks, but it makes me feel like I am back in middle school or something!

Anywho, I am going to stick with it for now. I've lost about half a pound since I started, and the exercises are *kind of maybe sorta* getting a bit easier.
  • alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't like how she talks to the other women in the video either, but I never have liked her attitude. Luckily I don't take her encouragement as bullying though... but that might be because I tend to tune out during exercise and don't hear her most of the time until I start getting tired which is right about when we have to switch anyway. :)

I've noticed that my arms and legs are looking much better, and that spot on your sides that's just above your waist and the middle of your bicep touches, that's looking better too (it's also where my back fat starts). I think this is making me feel fat because my arms, legs and waist are no longer as proportional to my belly, so it looks bigger. The belly is usually the last thing to go on me though, so it might be awhile before I feel better about it.

But it is getting easier! My shins don't hurt so much and I can almost get through the lunge/arm raises. :D