Are Kashi granola bars or red/green powder drinks "clean"???

Options
Hi, I'm new to this group. I know I eat really healthy, at least I think I do.... Would Kashi crunchy granola bars be considered clean eating? They are, I believe the lowest in sugar and even call it "evaporated cane juice." They are a major part of my diet. Also do things like red and green powders count as "clean" or is everything supposed to be fresh ingredients...? I know I couldn't physically eat enough to get all the nutrients I get from these powders...

What is the exact definition of "clean"?

Thanks,

Alicia

Replies

• OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Clean to me normally means no processed junk with high amounts of sugar, sodium/salt and or chemically altered or created things. I stay away from High fructose corn syrup and soda period and wheat as well as I am gluten intolerant.
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've always done that. I never eat junk food, it grosses me out just thinking about what's in it and I read all ingredients before purchasing anything that is supposed to be healthy... The only packaged foods I eat are Kashi brand and some from Whole Foods or Trader Joes. Green/red powder drinks I know are healthy, but they are pre-packaged, not fresh fruit, so if that counts, and occasional wine or vodka, then I guess I'm "clean."
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi brand, one the reasons I started eating it was because it has no high fructose corn syrup. It's probably not 100% clean, but its close enough for me.