Introducing Myself

Options
Linli_Anne
Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
Hi all, I'm Linli.

30 year old mom of 2 (6 and 4). I work a full time M-F 8-4:30 desk job. I love cooking, shopping, board games, sudoku puzzles.

This is yet another attempt to become a healthier version of me. But this time I don't want the weight to come back.

I did the Herbal Magic thing back in '02 - lost 70 pounds living on cucumber coins, weight watchers bread, canned tuna, and veggie wieners. :sick:

Got married in '03 - had gained back about 15 pounds of the 70 lost but definitely looked healthy in my clothes. Over the next 3 years all the weight came back. Then I got pregnant with my first, and gained an extra 40 pounds. YIKES. I joined weight watchers and dropped 60 pounds, was in a size 10 and felt great. Got pregnant with our second and was right back up there. This time just the business of the 2 kids helped the weight come off, although not quite back to my size 10s, and my hips were changed.

So, here I am, now looking to lose about 25 pounds, and tone myself up some. I've been on MFP for almost a month, and have had a 6 pound weight loss so far (there have been some gains in there too).

MFP has my calorie defict set to 1680 a day. I average at about 1500. 8 days ago I started the 30 Day Shred routine. The scale has gone up in the first week 1.6 pounds (everything I lost the week prior). But my pants/blouses are loosening up, so I know that the workouts are helping. (I will retake my measurements on day 10, before I start Level 2).

So, I'm looking to incorporate all of these healhty choices into a sustainable lifestyle. One that feels good to live, not one of deprivation and rabbit food. I love a good salad, but, I also love a great steak and loaded baked potato! :blushing:

I have heard/read lots of positive things in this group, and thought I should join....but I'm going to need help putting this all into practice.

Some starting stats for you all:

H: 5'11"
CW: 200.6

Using the link provided to find my BMR and TDEE, using the 1-3 hours of light activity a week, and the fat loss - 15% calorie reduction options here are my results:

BMR - 1714
TDEE - 2356
Daily Calories to lose - 2003

Does this seem right?

Can you point me in the right direction of where I should start - should I be doing a meabolism reset? I want to continue with my 30 day shred as I'm enjoying it, and the results.

Thanks for reading, and taking the time to read. Best wishes to all on your path to become fitter, stronger, more beautiful yous!

Replies

• amanda_gent
    amanda_gent Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

I think if you have been eating at 1500 for only about a month and you don't really feel that your metabolism is messed up you could just start eating at your correct cut for your height/weight/age. I didn't run them myself but the numbers look about right. I think you'd have real success eating at 2000. If you start to GAIN on that, beyond the initial expected bounce of a pound or two coming up from a lower daily intake, then you might want to consider a reset.

Make sure you read all the stickies here on this group and there's great stuff over at the new EM2WL website, too.

Good luck and enjoy some real food!
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    Welcome. I joined here after I hit a stall after 4 months only to find out I was eating well below my BMR at 1660. After jumping my net calories up to 2200 I have dropped 1 pound in less than a week. And as an added bonus my energy level has increased. So I would say you have found a home here. Not sure what formula you used, but your numbers on the surface look ok to me.

Good luck!
  • The2ndconspiracy
    Options
    Hi there! We can start this journey together! I'm about one week into my 4-6 week trial of this way of eating. I was on Ideal Protein for about 6 weeks and lost 16 pounds. The rapid weight loss was great, and once my body hit ketosis, I felt way better. However, the diet messed with my hormones -- mother nature was with me for the entire 6 weeks and didn't stop once!

I stopped IP for the holidays, since it's too hard to start and stop. One cheat day can mess it all up, and I didn't want to eat powdered food on the holidays! But I figured that, in the meantime, I'll try this out. I've set my TDEE to sedentary, eat 1514 calories (15% cut), and eat 75% of my exercise calories back. I found this worked for me, since I exercise sporadically. Also, I've been throwing in a little intermittent fasting in -- usually one 24-hour day a week. This allows me to eat a little more calories one day, but even out my weekly totals to my goal.

I hope this diet works for me!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too and very excited after being stuck a long time. I was very surprised to find my TDEE was 2050 and to lose was 1550 after being between 1200 and 1350 (health coach from work program) and stalled for a few months. Three days in and my energy is through the roof and the scale has moved down. I also am enjoying the 30DS and a lot better now that I feel good! Feel free to add me!