Introduction to the Challenge

Options

Replies

• rinn1791
    Options
    I think that's a wonderful idea!! Two different threads for different levels of intensity!

I also like the thought of a scorecard...not sure how you would do it...I guess you could post the two different exercises as two separate threads, then go by the comments on each thread?
  • kaycevaughan
    kaycevaughan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It's just what I need to keep me motivated!

I am a mother of a beautiful 14 month old. I decided about a month and a half ago that it was time to really lose this weight and get into shape. I'm tired of being tired all the time and feeling so huge. And I'm definitely tired of my body being so sore from picking her up and chasing her everywhere!
  • ChrissyLM
    Options
    Hi just joined your group and I am also interested in the weekly challenges yoy will be setting.
  • Theodoreandme
    Options
    Have lost my mojo. Great way to find it again. I am in !
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have been slacking for weeks now and I'm so glad I found this group. I've been sick with a cold for about 2 weeks now and should be better by the 9th. I love weekly challenges. I'm ready to get to WORK!
  • annitajj
    Options
    This sounds awesome!! I am competitive so maybe I will stick to this. Here's hoping.
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I find that challenges really keep me motivated. I am in 2 already, but this one sounds like a lot of fun.
  • GardenDelight
    GardenDelight Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! My name is Lori, up for a new challenge. I use to exercise regularly and once I reached 40ish, I have been really slacking off, even on the eating. SO, add the lack of exercise and bad eating which equals weight gain! Now I'm in need of losing about 30 more lbs!! I'm ready for the challenge, some days I might go for the lighter version, other days I might feel the need to "kick it"!! Score card would be cool!
  • Carmennorth
    Carmennorth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Another thing we are kicking around is giving bonus points for those who complete both challenges- but I do not want to scare anyone off. I too am very competitive, and I know that Rachel's work out challenges will take me out of my comfort zone. Any thoughts on the bonus points for those who complete both?

Also, I will start my challenges off slowly- the first week will be lighter than the next, etc... I am still deciding on the easiest way to compile points- more on that by Saturday. And for those that just want the weekly motivation, you do not have to calculate points unless you want to. Personally, I tend to do more if I am competing; but whatever floats your boat is fine.

Lastly, the challenges will be up every Saturday evening. Rachel's will be for the more advanced; mine will be geared more toward the beginner..... I am excited to get going!
  • GardenDelight
    GardenDelight Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Another thing we are kicking around is giving bonus points for those who complete both challenges- but I do not want to scare anyone off. I too am very competitive, and I know that Rachel's work out challenges will take me out of my comfort zone. Any thoughts on the bonus points for those who complete both?

Also, I will start my challenges off slowly- the first week will be lighter than the next, etc... I am still deciding on the easiest way to compile points- more on that by Saturday. And for those that just want the weekly motivation, you do not have to calculate points unless you want to. Personally, I tend to do more if I am competing; but whatever floats your boat is fine.

Lastly, the challenges will be up every Saturday evening. Rachel's will be for the more advanced; mine will be geared more toward the beginner..... I am excited to get going!

I would love to TRY both. Now notice I am saying TRY because I am not sure what I am getting myself into! lol!!
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would love to TRY both. Now notice I am saying TRY because I am not sure what I am getting myself into! lol!!

^This. :) I say bonus points for those that complete both is a good idea...I may not be able to do it, but if someone can, surely they've earned a couple extra points!
  • sounds great count me in!
  • asg015
    Options
    Hi! I am a college student and just began my journey towards weight loss. In hopes of staying motivated I will gladly join this group and look forward to the challenges.
  • kriggs1118
    Options
    hi i am ready to start this weekly challenge. wanting to lose weight so i can be ready for swim suit season...
  • skilene
    skilene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OK, I am ready!!! Just got back from an appt. for Cool Sculpting...I will not spend $5,000 to loose 20% to 30% of my belly when I lost 35 lbs this year with diet and exercise!! So I have another 40 to go and I already know I can. So thank you for the UWFC I am ready!:happy:
  • bobaliciouse
    bobaliciouse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would like to lose 20lbs....I used to do alot of racing, got diagnosed with hypothyroidism, celiac disease, and last week I went to urgent care for tendinitis of my hip. Needless to say, I want to lose the weight to get back to my healthy self; the person I recognize again. :smile:
  • 2TonTussie
    2TonTussie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :glasses:
  • mjderby
    mjderby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Just joined and think this will be great in keeping me motivated over the holidays!!
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    I need to lose 20 pounds so count me in, too!
  • TiffanieRandolph
    TiffanieRandolph Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I could really use a little motivation so maybe this is the thing for me... It sounds like fun!!! I am excited to get started!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!