does anybody else do this??

Options
4themoney
4themoney Posts: 797 Member
do you check single peeps just to see if mike or dmz have weighed in? ;-)

i am doing this pretty much daily now.

i started reading and posting on the bb relationship help forum and the more i do, the most interested in mike's and dmz's posts. there are guys over at BB that are actually interested in finding a girlfriend. the thing is they treat women they aren't interested in the same as they treat women they are interested in.

so, say a guy is talking to two girls. one he's into, one he's not. well, he plays the same push and pull game with both, and then is surprised when the one he wants walks away, leaving him the one he doesn't want. and that girl, that he doesn't want, is like crazy into him.

and there is way more into it than that. that's just ONE topic!!!

the more i read over there, the more interested i am in what mike and dmz have to say about the topics posted here!!!! :-)

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    BB?
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting....what is this BB you talk about?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    BB = BodyBuilding (and not some beard burn :laugh: )
    the more i read over there, the more interested i am in what mike and dmz have to say about the topics posted here!!!! :-)
    What?!
    Are you saying there is a world outside of the female dominated community of MFP SP where the few men who are trying to voice a different >>opinion<< get rammed every time they post?!
    That comes as a surprise...
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i have never rammed them. i don't ram. :-)

and yes, i am enjoying the male dominated view. it's very interesting, but at the same time simple and ineffective most of the time.

it comes back to " how is that working for you?"

whatever i am doing right now, is NOT working for me. So, i have to change. i can accept that and will make changes. not all people can do that however..........

:-)
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you find me entertaining. While every guy doesn't think like me, I'd say that over 50% do. If it wasn't for David and I, this forum would be dominated by sleepy "why doesn't he like me for who I am" topics. I feel that I do everyone a service here by telling it how it is and not sucking to the posters on here, which some people do. If you have a bush the size of a rain forest and are as feminine as a "pit-bull on PCP", I'm going to call you out every single time.

I go on bodybuilding.com every so often (more-so a lurker though). I find all the meme's and "net-speak" to be really funny. If you go on there, you'll get a good overview on how just about every male thinks.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    i have never rammed them. i don't ram. :-)

And that is why I like you and hope you find a great guy. :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    do you check single peeps just to see if mike or dmz have weighed in? ;-)

No, never! In fact it's rare that I fully read anything that Mike has to say! :laugh: DM usually just makes me laugh as his comments are short and to the point.

Men like MIke just dont exist in my life, so he's almost like an alien. (No offence Mike, but I think you know, by reading your 'regional differences' thread, that guys like you are rare in London or 'Europe', as you so rightly put it).

In fact, I'd go so far to say that the 'dominant' (I can think of a few other words to call it!!!) males in here are scaring the more liberated, non-argumentative women away! And the more 'normal', modern, fun men hardly comment anymore!

Seems to me that their attitude belongs in the dark ages, not in a progressive society :flowerforyou: And that this forum used to be a lot more 'fun'!! :bigsmile:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Nevermind.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I can't say I do. Really the only guys opinion that I care about is my boyfriend's at the moment. He thinks I'm all that and a bag of chips and it's really the only validation that I need that what I'm doing is working (and my own of course! :smile: ) I know men like Mike in real life and I typically ignore them. One is married to a good friend of my mother's. He's 48, balding with a beer gut and he's 5'10 if he's lucky and he feels the need to have a pretty little thing of his arm and if women aren't thin, blonde and knock outs they aren't worth his time. His wife is 44, looks like she's 20, size 3, dresses provocatively and constantly lives in fear of gaining weight and getting older and not being enough to "keep her man". I'd prefer my life, even if I look 34, am a size 6, and doubt live in fear of not being enough for the one I love.

They want different things and have different opinions about how the world works and that's OK. Mike and Dave's presence in the forums adds variety, even if I don't believe a boatload of the crap they say.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I happen to enjoy Mike, DM , Flim and P's point of view. They remind me of my boys in real life. I also have a pretty decent thick skin so I just read what they say evaluate if I agree with it and thats that. I like the contrast on the forum
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a good debate (shocking, I know...), so occasionally I do check in specifically to see what Mike has said, because I can pretty much guarantee that'll provoke some response :laugh: DM a little less so, perhaps because he's here less often anyway, and is more concise, less inclined to say things that make me cringe on an almost-every-post basis (though I sometimes think Mike enjoys being a provocateur), and just occasionally, says something I actually agree with (shock, horror!). I do try always to express myself politely and not to 'ram' anyone though, even if I vehemently disagree with what they're saying, and say so!

BTW, Mike - where are you originally from? You now live in Florida, previously in Boston, as mentioned, and I wondered where you grew up and if that affected your viewpoint, which is, as Anna said, an unusual one in this part of the woods- good old British reserve!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I feel like the redheaded stepchild who has nothing of importance to add to a conversation.
    :laugh:

Listen, my redhead child, to ensure a response, here is the trick:
    - Address to someone in particular,
    - Disagree vehemently with their point,
    - Stigmatise a bunch of people semi-aggressively at the same time to force not only this person but other people into hitting that reply button,
    - Raise your shield to absorb the impact.

(Actually, I do not condone this)

Ok, here is some red hair trivia: redhead sperm is now unwanted in some sperm banks, due to the fact that there is not enough demand to use the current stocks.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15001467

You are not alone! :wink:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Ok, here is some red hair trivia: redhead sperm is now unwanted in some sperm banks, due to the fact that there is not enough demand to use the current stocks.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15001467

You are not alone! :wink:

You crack me up :laugh: I LOVE your trivia!! :flowerforyou:
  • shammxo
    Options
    I feel like the redheaded stepchild who has nothing of importance to add to a conversation.

- Stigmatise a bunch of people semi-aggressively at the same time to force not only this person but other people into hitting that reply button,

I deleted the post 'cause I felt like I was whining. And I hate when people whine.

So... In short, I should act like an *kitten* and then people will pay attention to me!?
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

I deleted the post 'cause I felt like I was whining. And I hate when people whine.

So... In short, I should act like an *kitten* and then people will pay attention to me!?

I feel the same way a lot. You're not alone :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Not me babes, I pay more attention to NONassholes!! :laugh:
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

Lack of response often indicates agreement... I tend only to respond to those posts I either disagree with, or want to add to. It's not a malicious lack of response, or deliberately ignoring you (I'm speaking for myself, but I'm guessing this is true of most).
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you find me entertaining. While every guy doesn't think like me, I'd say that over 50% do. If it wasn't for David and I, this forum would be dominated by sleepy "why doesn't he like me for who I am" topics. I feel that I do everyone a service here by telling it how it is and not sucking to the posters on here, which some people do. If you have a bush the size of a rain forest and are as feminine as a "pit-bull on PCP", I'm going to call you out every single time.

I go on bodybuilding.com every so often (more-so a lurker though). I find all the meme's and "net-speak" to be really funny. If you go on there, you'll get a good overview on how just about every male thinks.

There is a lot of overlap in the way Mike and I perceive topics relevant to single life. However, I wouldn't say that we agree 100% of the time.

I would say that Mike is correct that his perspectives represent the way that a majority of guys think and feel. A lot of my posts are based not only off of my perspective, but also based on conversations I've had with other guys in my social circle about a topic. Additionally, there are times where I base a response off of existing research data that I perceive as valid.
  • shammxo
    Options

Not me babes, I pay more attention to NONassholes!! :laugh:

And that's why you're one of my favorites :)
    @jkandkt let's start up some **** storm and see if anyone notices.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for DM.. lol