Are YOU drinking protein shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I make mean green protein smoothies every morning for breakfast, and occasionally after lifting depending on where I am with my macros. Skim milk or water, protein powder, fruit, ice and a packed cup of raw baby spinach.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake (with water only!) after every work-out.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I have one every day for breakfast - I make a smoothie - a cup of baby spinach, banana, peanut butter, milk and whey protein. On lifting days, I'll have chocolate whey with water (or milk if my macros can use it!) after my workout.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I make a green smoothie too every morning for breakfast, to get in the protein. I use Six Star Whey Protein powder - vanilla flavored. I use a blender and blend up 2 handfuls of spinach with a bit of water, then add 1 C frozen berries, 1 C 1% milk, some flavored yogurt and 1/2 a scoop of the protein powder. Blend it up and YUM!!!! Makes a lot too and comes in at 282 calories and 40g of protein. Very filling. I find a whole scoop of the powder doesn't taste good. Sometimes I have one at lunch if I have eggs for breakfast, usually after a morning weekend workout.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I do the Walmart vanilla Whey protein powder, with 1/2 bottle of orange powerade. Tastes like a dreamsicle! yummy!
    also, do the protein powder, with milk, banana, yogurt, blueberries and sometimes add flax seed. delicious!
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use ON Chocolate mint or MyProtein chocolate nut mixed with coconut milk.

I find it hard to get enough protein without using them.