UGH! Im GUILTY :(

Options
I did NOT work out last night :( I had a work dinner and didnt get home till 11pm and then had to get my baby to sleep...i was sitting and bed and all i could think about was OMG im gonna have to get onto MFP tommorow and tell everyone i didnt workout!! I was trying to come up with excuses and im like why am i thinking of excuses its midnight and i have to work in the morning, so i told my fiance guess i will just do 2 workouts tommorow and he says to me "Jessica, i know you want to do this for yourself and im proud of you and everything but you just dont have the time to workout your a working mother its ok." Him saying that made me feel a little better about not working out but still i wasnt working out for so long and then i finally get back to it and i miss a day already!! UGH But i guess its ok to have a rest day lol but i cant help but feel guilty over it...Hope you guys are all doing good :) How was your workout last night?

Replies

• cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    MUCH better to skip a day, say "oh welll" and come back on this board to say you will start again than to think anything is ruined by missing one day. Be careful if you choose to do two in one day, it is tough on the body, esp. the knees. Hang in there! You are an inspiration to me... if I miss a day or two I am afraid I might just skulk away and not post any more. We can only do what we can do!

I started a day late so I did Day 3 this am. I still can't do all the pushups but otherwise I am keeping up pretty well.

I modified it today and did not use weights during the side lunges, because I really want to focus on having the right form and not injuring my knees. I did them in front of a mirror, slowly. I still did the arm movements, just without weights. I don't know if I will ever get to the point that I can do the deep lunges.

I feel great having completed it, not as weak as I did the last two days.
  • Vernaverna
    Options
    I know that you feel guilty, but if you pick it back up the next day, it's okay! Personally I'm taking a rest day today because after just 2 workouts my arms are sore as heck! I went shopping today and could barely move them! So, though I feel guilty as well, today/tomorrow we'll be back on track. Skipping a day does not mean you're back to square one! Don't let Jillian's mean face haunt your reality! LOL
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys :) Yea i will defenitly be back to it tonight!! last time i did 30ds well the 1st 2 levels lol i skipped one day of each level sad i know but i was gonna tack one day of each level on at the end of level 3 but never got that far...but this time i will :)
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You know as far as doing 2 workouts in a day, just play it by ear. If you feel great at the end of workout 1 then go for it, but just be careful! I think as you get further into the 30 days then it will be easier to double up, but now we are all so sore!!! I am going to try to do 2 today, but my soreness is pretty much gone, so I think I will be ok. Good luck and Happy Friday to all!
  • cfrancewife
    Options
    It's ok! I missed this morning. I couldn't pull it together. My quads were so sore I can barely walk. Although, I did walk last night. I try not too feel too guilty, because then I will just quit altogether. Chalk it up as a rest day and get back on the wagon the next day. No one is perfect, and certainly not when on a weight loss journey. What matters most is what you chose to do after you hit a bump in the road.
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Skipping a day is NOT a bad thing, weight lifter's don't do the same group of muscles two days in a row. I realize we are not lifting weights, but we are all using muscles we haven't used in a long time and face it, they HURT after some of the work outs! I had to skip 2 days right at the beginning, this morning I did day 5 of level 1 and I may finally be able to double up tomorrow to catch up one day.
    We have to love ourselves and not beat up on ourselves, I think thats half my problem with getting out of shape, so forgive, embrace and move on! A rest day is a good thing :flowerforyou:
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I didnt do 2 workouts in one day, just counted it as a rest day :) But i did my workout last night :)