On Day 10 and tired all the time

Options
Hey All,

I am on day 10 of counting calories. I had one day where I went WAY over my limit but over all I have been sticking pretty close to my number. I have noticed that since switching my diet I am tired almost all the time.

I wanted to know if this was normal and if it will pass?

Replies

• Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty safe saying it has nothing to do with simply counting calories. Just logging the number of miles you drive a car will not affect your gas mileage. There are a number of things that could be affecting your energy level: What you are eating, how many calories you are getting, your activities, your sleep....and a bunch of other stuff.

From what I have seen, people often have this issue if they are eating too few calories under the mistaken belief that less is always better. Others may have this from lack of protein. I'm tired a lot, but in my case it has far more to do with sleep issues and lifestyle than diet.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    Are you drinking enough, if you are dehydrated, you will feel tired, try taking some dieters vitamins, I do and it helps.
  • wychwych
    Options
    What is your limit?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    As has been posted, make certain you're well hydrated and knowing what your calorie goal is would help, it's entirely possible that it's too low.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    If you are eating enough calories and drinking enough water, you should not really be tired. If anything you should be feeling better if you are making positive changes. You might want to evaluate how much you are eating and make sure it is enough, and drink a LOT of water. It really helps with a lot of stuff!
  • dblosmith
    dblosmith Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Could be dehydration. Could also be psychological. I know when I eat, I always get a boost, whether I'm hungry or not. A psychological boost definitely and possibly a physical boost. You're only on day 10 so your body's still in "what the ****" mode. Hang in there and get back to us after a while. :)
  • Gitn_Fit
    Gitn_Fit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It also depends where you are getting those calories from - such as are you eating a bunch of simple carbs that will cause you to crash and burn? Are you eating all your calories in one meal or 3 or 6 smaller ones? Then of course - are you getting enough sleep? Often when I change my eating patterns (or have a level of stress in my life) my body suddenly can't sleep more than 5 hours and I am tired all the time.
    Lots of different areas and suggestions for you to check out and consider. Hopefully some of these posts will help you pinpoint some problem area.
  • jacki_faye
    jacki_faye Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Make sure your drinking LOTS of water!

I have found drinking hot green tea (i don't add sweeteners) gives me lots of energy, not to mention it detoxes your body. Tea is a diuretic though, so make sure for every cup of tea/coffee you drink, have a glass of water to compensate.

I try to drink a cup with each meal, and if you need to sweeten it use a tsp of honey.

Also.. make sure your getting all the nutrients you need and try to stay away from processed foods that contain LOTS of sugars that could eventually make you crash.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? I eat around 1850 per day. If my exercise calories bring me below 1500, I eat some back until I'm at 1600. Otherwise, I'm tired, cranky, and my weight doesn't budge.

Make sure the calories you do choose are full of nutrients. 200 calories of peanut butter and apple slices will fill you up and make you feel much better than 200 calories of chips or a bagel.

If you're getting enough nutrients, calories, and sleep, perhaps you should check with a doctor? I'm anemic, and I didn't really feel the symptoms until I reduced my calories and wasn't eating as much iron-rich food. My doctor helped me tweak things, and I take an iron supplement every day. He also figured out I have insulin resistance, which can make you VERY sluggish if you don't eat properly and take medicine for it.

Good luck. :)
  • libertarian4321
    libertarian4321 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough? I've been doing this for about 3 weeks, and am eating just under my limit every day, and I feel fine. If you try to cut calories too drastically, it could lead to feeling tired.