My Intro

Options
odirish
odirish Posts: 82 Member
hi. My name is Mary Ann and I am 60 y/o. I am from So. Central Pa. and have at least 50 lbs. to lose. I am currently logging all my meals and working out in the gym. I am also trying to do P90X which is really tough for me.

Replies

• Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Welcome! Trying gets you points ahead in my book! Yep, it gets a bit harder the older we get . . .
    I so think energy is wasted on toddlers and my young grandson!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    hi. My name is Mary Ann and I am 60 y/o. I am from So. Central Pa. and have at least 50 lbs. to lose. I am currently logging all my meals and working out in the gym. I am also trying to do P90X which is really tough for me.

Hi Mary Anne and welcome. It is awesome the things you are doing. Clapping for you. And as Mrsmartin said, you do get points ahead for this. We have a weekly list of challenges to do. I post them on Sunday night (well most of the time). Please feel free to join in and if you have any suggestions, please pass them on to us.
  • KathleenC12
    KathleenC12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary Ann, and welcome; I'm 64. This site is great and you have taken the vital first steps.

About an exercise program: the exercise you *enjoy* (or at least can tolerate) is the exercise you will do. I try to move it any way I can, at least 5 days/week, whether that's walking or a gym routine.

Other MFP friends prefer to swim or bike. But swimming for me is just staying alive in water :)

So, just jump in and experiment with movement, and log; you WILL get results!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mary Ann,
    Putting an effort into losing weight and getting fit and healthy is a good thing at any age. I'm 63 and in April I decided the time for me is now. I've lost 13 of the 30 pounds I wanted to lose. Because I plateau so often, I've decided that my main goal is to be fit and healthy. I make it a point to walk, either on my treadmill or outside or at a mall, almost every day. I try to remember to do some mild stretching every day and a couple of times a week I work with my 1.5 lb weights for a few minutes. The important thing is to move, move, move. I find the mini challenges that californiagirl posts are a great motivator.

Welcome and good luck!
  • nascarted10
    nascarted10 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My name is Bruce. I am 59 (will be 60 very soon) so I thought I might try the group even thou I lack a couple months. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Seems people of our age, maturity, and knowledge are not numberous on this site. I'm kind of tired of all the young kids, their stories, and daily rants and raves that don't seem to matter.

(Does that make me a grumpy old man!)
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    My name is Bruce. I am 59 (will be 60 very soon) so I thought I might try the group even thou I lack a couple months. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Seems people of our age, maturity, and knowledge are not numberous on this site. I'm kind of tired of all the young kids, their stories, and daily rants and raves that don't seem to matter.

Hi grumpy old man. oops, I mean Bruce. LOL Welcome to our site. We would be happy to have you join us. I post daily challenges for us usually Sunday night or Monday morning, if I forget the night before. There are different ones for the week. Hope you will join in doing them with us and if you have any ideas for it, please feel free to let me know. I took this week off from doing it and will start them again this coming Sunday.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options

Welcome Bruce, I've found this group to be very helpful and supportive on my journey to lose weight and get fit and healthy. For me the goal is to make sure I move around all day instead of sitting on the couch reading, so the daily challenges are great for keeping motivated and moving. Love the enthusiasm of this group, too.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My name is Cindy and I am a 60 years young woman from Nevada who would like to lose another 30 pounds! I have been stuck in a rut created by yours truely and need this motivation! Nice to meet you!!!