Starting Stage 1 Janaury 2013

Options

Replies

• makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Those are great goals!!! Running is a way more mental then anything!!

I want to decrease my BF% and get to pre pregnancy weight ( had baby 3 month ago). Beating my previous half marathon time would be sweet too!!
  • 101lizzie
    101lizzie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'd love to join you all too. Been reading about the NROL4W and have ordered the book, should arrive by the end of the week. I didn't do any resistance work in 2012, just cycling and jogging but results not that great. I also feel stiff a lot of the time so think a combo of resistance and yoga/pilates added to my cardio should help immensely!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I'm starting (again) as well. Either tomorrow (depends how I pull u after NYE) or Wed.
  • marthacrow
    marthacrow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristine and others,

I too would like to join your beginners group. Yesterday I went to the gym and did Workout A. I had trouble with getting onto and staying on the ball for the prone jacknife but I will re-read the instructions today to be ready for my next try. Tuesday (New Year's Day) I will do B. I like this program because it's challenging. It may take me a while to get into the food just because of time constraints. I found the book a bit of a slog; it will need reviewing at least once!

Martha
  • marthacrow
    marthacrow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristine, Since everyone in this line of messages was talking about the need for a beginning group, I just started a new group-- 2012 NROL4W. Can I get you to join? Martha
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I would love to join Martha.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The group is actually 2013 NROL4W. Please join us.
  • maplegirlst
    maplegirlst Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kristen and Martha. I'm in!
  • Holmfridur_Gestsdottir
    Options
    I am so happy! Just started the program this week and can't wait to compare :) Thanks!
  • DNeumeier
    DNeumeier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will be starting on Jan 1 and would love to be a part of your group. Have only ever posted once before as I'm not real sure how to do this but will give it a go. Good luck everyone!
  • DNeumeier
    DNeumeier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I did stage 1 / level 1 but when I went to input it, it wasn't in the datat base. How is that with the number of people on here doing it? Have I just not looked in the right place?
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting on the book so probably going to be a week or so behind!
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I started Stage 1 today and am really looking forward to doing more than pounding the treadmill. I'm hoping that this will improve my body shape as I'm more worried about the inches than the kg's.

If anyone else is at the same stage feel free to add me :)
  • maplegirlst
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy New Year!
    I did Stage 1, Day 1 on Monday. I found everything to be a bit harder than I thought it would be. For instance, I did my push-ups inclined, leaning against a window sill. It took me a set to get the balance correct for the prone jackknife. I was a little sore yesterday. Nothing truly painful, just enough to know my muscles are there. I'm doing Day 2 tonight.

For logging purposes on MFP I am using "calisthenics" and the length of the workout. For warm-ups I am doing the Sun Salutation (yoga) a few times and will likely toss an 11lb medicine ball back and forth with the husband.
  • maplegirlst
    Options
    I am printing out some training logs for Stage 1. Am I correct in that we are supposed to do Stage 1 - Workouts A and B (alternating) 8 times each? This would be 16 workouts. So Stage 1 is supposed to take just over 5 weeks? I know some people repeat stage 1. Is 5 weeks the 'normal' course or the doubled course?

Thanks!
    Sierra
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Yep. Sierra...I believe that you are right!!
  • maplegirlst
    Options
    I'm starving. I'll be home in about an hour. Should I lift first or eat first? Either way I'll have my protein smoothie after I lift.
  • makinitcount44
    Options
    Depending on what you eat, go ahead and eat first.

When I run, I can't eat first but I'm sure I could before I lift.
  • jhgreer
    jhgreer Posts: 145
    Options
    Hi ladies! Just wanted to say welcome and good luck with the start of your NROL journey! I'm in stage 3 right now so not very far behind. Happy to add as a friend anyone just starting out.
  • maplegirlst
    Options
    Just finished workout B. Wow! I had a hard time with the lunges but rocked the swiss ball crunches. I'm going to be sore tomorrow. Good night all.
    Sierra

ETA: I had some almonds on the car ride home and a cup of leftover sweet potatoes with sausage before lifting. Thanks everyone!