introductions

Options
Hey there everyone !

Feel free to introduce yourself and to share your goals if you want !

Hey !

I've changed my mindset to that if exercising for my improved health and ability, prevent disease, improve longevity, become fitter and stronger so that I am more able. I'm in this for a WAY of LIFE . I want to learn about many different method of fitness and eating plans, and as I learn more, apply it to my own diet. I'm focusing more on the internal results.

At the moment, I want to get fitter, stronger and gain muscle. I'm not following a "diet", but still adapting and learning about things. I'm focused on nutrition, as opposed to calories.( don't log in my meals or calories in MFP )and I'm using this site to gain support and learn about fitness.

I want to achieve all those things so that I can meet the opportunities that present themselves and be victorious in adventure. I want to be able to defend myself and run away from baddies if need be ! I want to feel good and know that I'm looking after my body. You can change many things in life, but your body is the one home that you can never move away from.I want to value it and be grateful for the things that I do have : all 5 toes and fingers with no major ailments.You'll always find flaws if you look for them. Now, I want to be appreciate for what I have and focus on improvements for the right reasons.

Good luck to everyone and nice to meet you !

Replies

• Joanie919
    Options
    Hi, I am here because I gained back the 20+ pounds I lost 4 years ago. Felt healthier then and want that back. I want to get back into the pants I out grew. I want that me back.

I am on a good path now. Got rid of a lot of stress in my life, I am an emotional eater. Now, time for me again. But I can't do it alone. I need friends going through the same thing.
  • Imaan2012
    Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

my name is Imaan.

I am currently doing my 2nd round of Insanity. Starting week 3.

For me working out is some 'me-time', taking care of my body and giving a good example to my kids that they should
    treat their bodies right.

My biggest challenge is having a more relaxed approach when it comes to food. I really can use support in that department.
    Hoping to find some here and also hoping that I can be of support to others here.

Good luck!
  • fitkrystal11
    Options
    Hello
    My name is Krystal
    I am here to get my health and energy back on track. I am currently not working out since I am a full time grad student, full time worker and full time wife. Once I graduate (a few more weeks) I will have the time I devoted to my studies back and can begin working out. I have several workout options so I will not get bored. They range from 10 minute trainer, P90x, Insanity, Rev Abs, Zumba, Yoga and I have a treadmill.
    I am looking for support and motivation as I am pretty much doing this by myself. My husband is the image of fitness and while he tries to help he doesn't fully understand the struggles I am facing. I need support from those who are on the same journey because we get it.
    Hope to see you all on here and good luck with your journey!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Welcome everyone ! I look forward to reaching our fitness goals together.

@Krystal

Wow! That's a heavy schedule. At least you have a couple of options, so that you can find the right fit for you.I look forward to hearing your opinion on the programs.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kelly. I am a workout junkie. I started this addition about 10 years ago. I upped the game about 2.5 years ago when I quit smoking. Jillian Michaels, Leslie Sansome, Bob Harper, Jackie Warner, Tony Horton & Chalene Johnson have all personal friends of mine. I am currently doing my second round of chaleanextreme after having completed P90X (yep I am a grad!)!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kelly. I am a workout junkie. I started this addition about 10 years ago. I upped the game about 2.5 years ago when I quit smoking. Jillian Michaels, Leslie Sansome, Bob Harper, Jackie Warner, Tony Horton & Chalene Johnson have all personal friends of mine. I am currently doing my second round of chaleanextreme after having completed P90X (yep I am a grad!)!

Welcome !It sounds like you can very easily be our resident expert on workout programs! I'm planning on doing Chalean some time in the new year. I just need to sort out my weight/resitance bands and all of that .
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Here to help anyway I can
  • emersmurf
    Options
    Hi all. I'm back on MFP after a rough pregnancy. I have 4 kids (3 boys and my newborn is a girl!), I have 70 lbs to lose. My favorite work out has always been the Leslie Sansone videos. I lost 19 lbs after my oldest was born, just doing the walking vids, not changing how I ate. So now I've been pretty consistent about portion sizes and excercising. I am currently doing the 4 mile walk slim program. It's rough, but I feel really good after. I've lost 6 lbs in the past few weeks.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm back on MFP after a rough pregnancy. I have 4 kids (3 boys and my newborn is a girl!), I have 70 lbs to lose. My favorite work out has always been the Leslie Sansone videos. I lost 19 lbs after my oldest was born, just doing the walking vids, not changing how I ate. So now I've been pretty consistent about portion sizes and excercising. I am currently doing the 4 mile walk slim program. It's rough, but I feel really good after. I've lost 6 lbs in the past few weeks.
    Congrats on your baby! I am a wimp and don't get out to walk in this winter freeze.